This position is based in ORLANDO, FLORIDA.
Innovative and rapidly
growing specialty automotive company is seeking an energetic professional with
a proven track record of managing people and processes to work on an exciting
new vehicle program. As the Body-in-White
(BIW) area manager, you will be responsible for quality, production throughput
and cost control at our BIW manufacturing center.
This position requires a strong understanding of body shop processes and operations, as well as the willingness to adapt to and excel in a dynamic business environment. You must be a strong tactical problem solver who can work in a fast-paced environment, capable of multi-tasking, and effectively leading a team to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Oversee all daily operations of the BIW manufacturing center to ensure delivery of excellent results quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of product, people, operations, and financials
- Manage resource scheduling and allocation
- Oversee execution of work standards and production quality
- Ensure compliance with all safety and labor regulations
- Drive continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service
- Collaborate with internal team leaders across business functions to drive project execution (engineering, supply chain, logistics, marketing and sales, accounting, etc.)
- Forecast and surpass goals and objectives for the BIW operation through regular audits of shop operations.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities
- Lead and inspire your team every day
- Technical experience: Five to ten years of work experience in an automotive body facility, either with an OEM or in the collision industry. Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in BIW construction and collision repair
- Leadership experience: Three to five years of work experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities
- Process experience: Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- BSME or relevant certificate from vocational school in collision repair
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to document and write technical instructions
- High degree of proficiency with IT; knowledge of Solidworks a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a body shop environment
- Performance incentive bonus programs
- Company-sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid
- Employee discounts
- $70-85k per year