The Elevate Prize Foundation is a global non-profit that empowers social entrepreneurs and activists by providing them with the resources they need to amplify their mission and further their impact. The Elevate Prize team——stewards resources and builds relationships around the world to increase that impact.
Reporting to the CMO, the Director of Marketing will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and digital communications strategy for all of The Elevate Prize Foundation’s (EPF) programs, events and initiatives that builds brand awareness, advances the mission and promotes the value of the organization to all relevant, target audiences. The Director of Marketing must have a strong understanding of the key issues and objectives across core programs and an acute awareness of the strategic direction of the organization. In this role, the Director of Marketing will manage the Senior Community Manager and Marketing Coordinator.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with CMO and leadership team to translate strategic goals into focused marketing objectives
- Develop and help execute marketing strategies for programs and fundraising.
- Assist in servicing all sponsors and partner relationships.
- Work with the CMO on presentations, reports and marketing and communication strategies.
Messaging, Positioning & Copywriting
- Oversee editorial direction of all print and digital materials and projects.
- Develop cross-channel messaging arcs with specific guidance on voice, tactics and timing.
- Draft and/or copyedit content for deliverables including proposals, presentations, and creative briefs, as well as advertising, collateral, direct mail, website, press releases, newsletters and other media that clearly communicate EPF messaging and objectives.
- Work with PR agency on global strategy and outreach, as well as the completion and dissemination of press materials.
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator and contractors for creative development to ensure the timely creation of collateral.
- Oversee content creation, messaging and copyediting of the website.
- Create holistic, goal-oriented marketing and communications strategies based on audience research, message development, core content, action opportunities and target audience data.
- Lead the growth of the EPF digital community and raise awareness through website, e-communications and social media channels.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive program with an appropriate mix of paid advertising, sponsored content and editorial coverage to create innovative campaigns that inspire engagement opportunities and assist in the potential for fundraising efforts.
- Lead the social, web and email strategies to support EFP’s mission, programs, winners and the organization’s positioning in the social impact sector narrative.
- Leverage digital channels to drive brand awareness, engagement, content sharing and consumption, retention and re-engagement.
- Define social strategies, measure campaigns and programs and provide insights for informed decision-making.
- Collaborate with Programs Director to develop materials and other communication strategies for applicants, winners and other program participants and partners.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience at a non-profit organization and/or across a broad range of marketing disciplines
- Solid marketing experience with extensive network of contacts in national market
- Experience working with social and content focused communities (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIN, etc.), e-communications and website
- Experience working with email marketing automation platforms
- Extensive knowledge of the marketing and digital communications methodologies for a nonprofit institution
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing major marketing, promotional and/or public relations campaigns
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to prioritize and assess impact
- Excellent speaking and writing skills; Spanish is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of social impact and philanthropic audiences in the widest possible context
- High level analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to train, direct, supervise, manage and motivate staff
- Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities
- High level of creativity and an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of and experience in using standard Microsoft Office and Mac programs
- Experience and comfort in a face paced, start-up-like environment
This full-time position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) can be located in Miami or potentially remote/hybrid.