Website Product Owner/Webmaster
Remote Candidates Welcome
Avantage is a new global entertainment brand focused on mobile and online gaming of sports and high-end table games. From the beginning our vision has been to become the People’s Choice of premium online gaming experiences.
Avantage is looking to hire an experienced webmaster to manage the vision for our products and would use their written and oral communication and team building skills to successfully grow and evangelize our product. The ideal candidate has had history in ideating, creating and executing digital projects. They have historically been the product owner on an agile team and have successfully used SCRUM to carry out the product vision. This person has experience translating the vision into epics, features and stories, can provide detailed acceptance criteria and work with the team to ensure that each story meets the definition of done.
As a Product Owner, you will work closely with cross-functional teams as you manage the website development lifecycle. This is an important and strategic role within the company that requires not only product thinking but technical depth to deliver the maximum tactical and strategic impact, as the roadmap you define and help execute will be fundamental to providing a world-class user experience. You should have a product management track record and have the technical chops to closely work with our engineering teams. You have the ability to bridge business and technical considerations that result in innovative and compelling solutions. You are data driven and get into the details, performing market analyses, usability studies, and studying usage patterns to evolve existing services and propose new products and features. You will also enjoy collaborating with others on targeting, branding, marketing and evangelism activities.
- Help guide the product strategy, design and roadmap of Avantage’s website, from concept to launch.
- Understand the market needs, and deeply identify with the customers in order to provide world class customer experience.
- Coordinate and sync product initiatives across different internal teams, by establishing shared vision and getting buy-in.
- Clear bottlenecks and understand interdependencies to help define product priorities.
- Maintain product backlog and execute on product go-to-market plan.
- Collaborate with engineers to overcome roadblocks and evaluate trade-offs when appropriate.
- Monitor and measure success metrics after launch. Incorporate feedback into product development process
- Run data-driven experiments, usability studies, and analysis to inform product direction
- Communicate product plans, benefits, and results to all audiences — internal teams, entire company, external developers, etc.
- Possess 7-10 years of experience in product ownership, plus 5+ years of content management and looking to drive web strategy
- Experience working with extended marketing, development and design teams.
- Experience in an Agile and SCRUM environment, working in cross functional teams and writing and estimating user stories.
- In-depth understanding of Search Engine Management & Optimization and SEM/SEO best practices highly desired.
- Background in cloud/AWS environment or other IT environments a big plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in enterprise web strategy
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and turn data into meaningful insights
- Experience working closely with technical and non-technical team members
- Strong interests and experience in sports betting a big plus.
What's in it for YOU...
- Competitive salary (salary range $110K - $125K)
- Stock option program
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed p at an early-stage
- Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance (with company share)
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
At this time we are not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
If this sounds like just the challenge you’re looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Avantage is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.