Remote - Preferably in Eastern Europe
Avantage is a pre-launch global entertainment brand focused on mobile and online gaming of sports and high-end table games. From the beginning our vision has been to become the People’s Choice of premium online gaming experiences.
Avantage is seeking a talented Technical Director to own the development and delivery of our gaming platform, technology stack, infrastructure, and be responsible for the management of our growing technology team. This person is all about coordination, communication, and delivery. Creativity is welcome and encouraged in Avantage's fast-paced culture. This person will be responsible for capturing that creativity and funneling to Avantage's users with a solid SDLC.
Reporting to the CEO, the Technical Director will be directing and managing the development team and leading various other aspects of the product development – coordinating closely with the business, marketing and product teams when it comes to implementing new features and designing the plan for growth. The position is primarily hands-on, although a key part of the role involves hiring and mentoring the development team as a part of guiding the direction of the platform.
This role requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. The job centers around developing new ideas, systems and technology, and also analyzing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and demanding the highest quality work from coworkers and subordinates.
Interest and energy focus primarily on the work at hand. The broad scope of the job demands a factual, direct and authoritative style of communication. Decision-making, though swift, is very calculated and singular, with little reliance on consensus or collaborating opinions.
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Establishing software development process and set objectives for process
- Mentoring team members
- Monitoring performance profiling tools and procedures
- Reviewing timeframes and budgets
- Supervising workflow of IT department
- Defining company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Studying information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- You are passionate about the agile development process and all things big data – including data science, statistics, and analytics
- You are a natural team manager, clear communicator and a respected technical leader – you can motivate people and get the most out of your team
- You are an excellent project manager with high attention to detail – you know how to prioritize activities, estimate work, and get product out the door
- You are cool under pressure and can handle the pains of new implementations and tackling high priority integrations
- You value virtues like kindness, humility, respect, empathy, and loyalty above everything else
- BS in Computer Science, Math (or a related technical field)
- 7-10 years as a technical lead in the gaming field and managing teams with hiring authority
- Experience establishing and/or evaluating partners for service delivery within web gaming
- Proven experience in an agile team to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
- Security and privacy best practices
- Management of multi-vendor implementations in product delivery
- Management of an API-centric or service-oriented architecture
- Experience with setup of dev-ops within a cloud-based environment (AWS preferable), including CI/CD setup
- Management of QA processes and methodologies, unit tests, system tests and regression tests
- Experience working on cloud, big data, and API platform projects
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options (potentially worth 10X your salary)
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed start-up at an early stage
- Leadership role within a hard-working, collaborative, high-performing team
- Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely
- Commitment to a healthy workplace
If this sounds like just the challenge you’re looking for, we would love to hear from you. Please respond with your resume and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications.
Avantage is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.