About the Company
Adagene Inc. (Nasdaq: ADAG) is a platform-driven, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the discovery and development of novel antibody-based cancer immunotherapies. Adagene combines computational biology and artificial intelligence to design novel antibodies that address unmet patient needs. Powered by its proprietary DPL platform, composed of NEObody, SAFEbody, and POWERbody technologies, Adagene’s highly differentiated pipeline features novel immunotherapy programs. Adagene has forged strategic collaborations with reputable global partners that leverage its technology in multiple approaches at the vanguard of science.
Adagene is hiring a Scientist to develop IHC, Flow cytometry and molecular assays to support our Immuno-oncology drug clinical trials. This individual will be involved in biomarker assay development and validation, clinical trial sample testing to ensure timely generation of biomarker data to support the ongoing and future clinical trials. Successful candidate for this position must be highly motivated, and innovative with a desire to learn, master, and teach new skills. Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment. This candidate will play a key role in our Precision Medicine team and help to enable the clinical development of novel Immuno-oncology therapies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
- Design, develop and validate multiplex IHC assays, multi-color FLOW Cytometry, MSD assays and assays related software.
- Analyze data for trends
- Test clinical specimen (pre-analytical/analytical procedures) as assigned under supervision.
- Perform sample management using LIMS, enter test results and QC data.
- Follow established turn-around-times while maintaining highest quality of test results.
- Author technical documents including SOPs, but not limited to assay work instructions and reports.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results, record corrective actions as appropriate.
- Test new laboratory instruments and new laboratory software.
- Maintains lab instruments, including preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Support procurement function for the lab including ordering reagents and office supplies.
- Coordinate externally for lab maintenance, including building maintenance.
- Assist in administrative supports as required.
- Demonstrate understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices, and standards associated with sample testing in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to learn, develop, and execute new techniques, can operate independently and in a team environment.
- Highly organized and conscientious, detail-oriented scientist.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced and cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines; Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years industry experience; Master’s degree with minimum 3 years industry experience; PhD with relevant lab experience in academic or industry environment.
- Experience in immune-oncology biomarker assay development/validation and clinical sample testing; Strong problem-solving skills in experimental design, assay development and validation, data analysis and data interpretation
- 2+ years’ experience of developing FACS and mIHC is preferred
Adagene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your EEO Rights as an applicant.
Adagene will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation.
Adagene will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
Adagene participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Adagene is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Adagene is a drug-free workplace.