About the Company
Adagene Inc. (Nasdaq: ADAG) is a platform-driven, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the discovery and development of novel antibody-based cancer immunotherapies. Adagene combines computational biology and artificial intelligence to design novel antibodies that address unmet patient needs. Powered by its proprietary DPL platform, composed of NEObody, SAFEbody, and POWERbody technologies, Adagene’s highly differentiated pipeline features novel immunotherapy programs. Adagene has forged strategic collaborations with reputable global partners that leverage its technology in multiple approaches at the vanguard of science.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all internal financial reporting and SEC reporting. The Financial Controller will ensure the financial organization delivers timely and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, and that internal controls are properly documented and operating effectively in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Responsible for the monthly close, ensure accuracy of the consolidated balance sheet, P&L and cashflow statements
- Prepare half-yearly or quarterly financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Maintain and document a SOX compliant control environment
- Ensure proper accounting treatment of new contracts (licensing and other) and ESOP, amongst others
- Manage relationship with external auditor. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of information provided to the external auditor in relation to the annual audit and regular reviews
- Maintain and oversee cash management, and daily accounting operations
- Establish and maintain enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient accounting processes and services
- Ensure that policies and controls keep pace with the growth and increasing complexity of the business and provide guidance on technical accounting decisions and associated documentation
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA certification and experience in public accounting
- At least three years of experience post CPA
- Experience with SEC reporting and compliance issues of a public company
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting and compliance requirements
- Well-rounded technical accounting, analytical, and financial reporting skills balanced with sound business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong people management and communication skills (both written and verbal), with ability to drive accountability across the company
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability
- Well organized and goal oriented with ability to deliver results on time
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience with biotechnology/pharma is preferred
- Based in the U.S., and preferably in California
- Working knowledge of U.S. federal and state tax compliance requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adagene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your EEO Rights as an applicant.
Adagene will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation.
Adagene will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.