About the Company
Adagene Inc. (Nasdaq: ADAG) is a platform-driven, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the discovery and development of novel antibody-based cancer immunotherapies. Adagene combines computational biology and artificial intelligence to design novel antibodies that address unmet patient needs. Powered by its proprietary DPL platform, composed of NEObody, SAFEbody, and POWERbody technologies, Adagene’s highly differentiated pipeline features novel immunotherapy programs. Adagene has forged strategic collaborations with reputable global partners that leverage its technology in multiple approaches at the vanguard of science.
The Scientist or Sr. Scientist of Quantitative Pharmacology (QP) will contribute to our model-informed drug development (MIDD) activities in preclinical, translational and clinical stages based on pharmacokinetics (PK)/pharmacodynamics (PD) principles. This individual will serve as a modeling and simulation (M&S) representative on project teams interacting with stakeholder departments, responsible for developing fit-for-purpose computational approaches to enable effective study designs and data analysis and regulatory submissions/health authority interactions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of MIDD strategies via application of quantitative tools to integrate knowledge of nonclinical data (e.g., biology, pharmacology, toxicology), PK, PD (e.g., target engagement, biomarker, efficacy, safety), patient characteristics, disease states, competitive landscape to support dose and dosing regimen selection (e.g., first-in-human dose, efficacious dose projections, etc.), and optimize preclinical and clinical study designs throughout drug discovery and development.
- Plan, develop, perform appropriate quantitative analyses (e.g., population PK/PD, mechanism-based, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP)), including preclinical-clinical translation and reverse translation of internal and external data to inform lead/candidate optimization/selection and other relevant R&D activities.
- Work effectively in a matrix environment, managing QP deliverables in accordance with timelines and overall program goals.
- Stay abreast of QP, MIDD, modeling methodologies and regulatory guidelines by engaging with the scientific communities (e.g., publishing, presenting at meetings, participating in interest groups within professional societies) and identify new opportunities for scientific and technical advancement within Adagene.
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- A PhD or a relevant postdoctoral training in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering. Applied Mathematics or relevant disciplines is required.
- A minimal of 0 year (for Scientist) or 2 years (for Sr. Scientist) of experiences in (bio)pharmaceutical industry or related fields is required.
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of PK, PD, PK/PD and their applications in MIDD is required.
- Understanding of M&S analysis methods, and hands-on experiences in at least one of the modeling tools (e.g., NONMEN, Monolix, R, Phoenix WinNonlin, Matlab/SimBiology) are required.
- Experiences in pharmacometrics, mechanism-based PK/PD modeling, QSP modeling relevant to biologic therapeutics are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adagene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your EEO Rights as an applicant.
Adagene will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation.
Adagene will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
Adagene participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Adagene is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Adagene is a drug-free workplace.