About San Francisco Bay University:
San Francisco Bay University (SFBU), a nonprofit, WASC-accredited, university situated in the heart of Silicon Valley in Fremont, California, seeks an innovative and experienced Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost. SFBU is poised to disrupt and redefine higher education with a variety of differentiating features (e.g., faculty development, accessible and affordable education, innovative CORE curriculum; meaningful and comprehensive student support services). SFBU’s mission is to offer inclusive, innovative, and inspirational education for lifelong careers and our vision is to set the standard as a national model of higher education in service of the common good.
At SFBU, students come first. We prioritize students’ needs by fostering personal engagement among students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to providing affordable quality education with a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. Our professors are accomplished professionals who provide real-world experience in the classrooms to enhance the learning experience and prepare students for future careers. Our student body is reflective of the rich cultural diversity of the world, supported by a dynamic and inclusive learning environment. Moreover, our university captures the vibrancy of Silicon Valley. SFBU is in growth mode and we are looking to make a difference in our communities by enhancing access to affordable education for all students.
A member of the President’s Cabinet and reporting directly to the President, the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost is a university leader responsible for (a) all matters related to faculty, including hiring, development, promotion, and retention; (b) the academic plan and academic program development; (c) student success related to academic advising, (d) the Registrar, (e) the library, and (f) assessment and accreditation. In Spring 2024, SFBU embarked on a new strategic plan, in which the Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost will play a critical role as part of the implementation
Link to San Francisco Bay University Strategic Plan: https://www.sfbu.edu/strategic-plan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an innovative academic plan consistent with the strategic plan
- Hire, develop, assess, and retain a diverse faculty who are committed exclusively to teaching and serving students.
- Build new academic programs to round out SFBU’s program offerings (e.g., biology/health, psychology, communications, digital design) consistent with the needs of students in the 21st Century.
- Ensure the quality and relevance of curriculum and instructional methods to enhance learning and improve student outcomes.
- Ensure successful accreditation of new programs and meet accreditation expectations for existing programs.
- Provide the foundation, oversight, and enhancement of student success and support services.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree
- Five to ten years of experience in a higher education environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide visionary strategic leadership
- Commitment to the mission and vision of SFBU
- Evidence of a commitment to high-quality learning and high-impact practices, student success, and interdisciplinary education
- Experience in advancing innovation in academic programs and the student experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends in higher education
Salary Range: $250,000 - $280,000
- Current CV/resume.
- Letter of interest that attends to the responsibilities noted in the position profile and describes your leadership approach, and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Applications will be reviewed beginning February 29th and continue until the position is filled.
This position description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
SFBU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: SFBU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. SFBU does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.