Who We Are
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is a clinical-stage precision oncology company focused on expanding on the promise of targeted therapies for those battling cancer.
The company is developing medicines for known oncogenic drivers where there are no approved targeted drugs and to overcome the limitations of marketed cancer therapies, such non-responsiveness or acquired and intrinsic resistance.
Kinnate has two lead clinical programs being studied in solid tumors with RAF, NRAS and FGFR-driven alterations, and is rapidly progressing a pipeline of additional small molecule drug candidates as part of the Kinnate Discovery Engine.
The company is driven by the urgency and knowledge that patients are waiting for new, effective cancer medicines. Come join us to help improve lives.
For more information, visit www.kinnate.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Your Impact at Kinnate
The Principal Investigator, Translational Research supports key activities bridging discovery translational biology and clinical development of Kinnate BioPharma’s precision oncology programs. The candidate will work with a dynamic team to design, implement, and interpret preclinical translational in vitro and in vivo research to elucidate relevant biomarkers, mechanisms of response and resistance, and potential new disease indications and combinations of interest to Kinnate BioPharma’s therapeutic focus. The candidate will also contribute to preparation of documents required for regulatory submissions and external presentations. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in cancer cell biology, molecular biology, cellular and oncogenic driver signaling, and in vitro / in vivo pharmacology. Candidate prerequisites include history of scientific productivity in cancer biology and prior experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
· Design and execute translational biology studies bridging discovery preclinical and clinical development of Kinnate BioPharma’s oncology programs
· Utilize expertise in cancer cell biology to develop robust data packages around precision medicine-based targets including efficacy, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic response, molecular correlates of target activity, and resistance mechanisms
· Explore biomarker identification/validation to inform selection, validation, and prioritization of translational biomarkers, ensuring alignment with Kinnate's product development strategies
· Identify, generate, and incorporate relevant, translatable preclinical tumor models into data packages
· Participates in new target identification, including translational biology assessment of emerging biology within therapeutic areas of strategic interest to Kinnate. Establishes and maintains a network of external experts for molecular and biological target identification and validation
· Interface collaboratively with teams spanning drug discovery, computational biology, and clinical development to integrate preclinical data into asset development teams
· Work closely with colleagues, external collaborators, and CROs to develop, manage, and analyze/interpret experiments for translational efforts
· Proactively seek new information in the literature and field that may contribute to current and future Kinnate projects
· Clearly present research results and methodologies in group settings
· Participates in the planning and preparation of documentation sections required for regulatory filings (e.g. INDs)
· Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders, continuous learning and improvement, and cancer biology expertise
The Right Stuff
· PhD in Molecular or Cellular Biology, Genetics, Pharmacology or comparable biological science with a minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in oncology
· Direct experience in preclinical clinical drug discovery and development of small molecule inhibitors up to Phase 2 clinical studies
· Excellent team leadership, communication, organization, efficiency, and presentation skillset
· Preference for candidate with a strong track record in cancer drug discovery and translational research and targeting oncogenic pathways with small molecule inhibitors
· Ability to effectively design, execute, and troubleshoot experimental protocols to develop new methodologies
· Extensive knowledge of tumor cell biology, molecular biology, and oncogenic driver signaling pathways along with a broad array of cellular tools, assays, tumor models for the study of cancer biology
· Ability to manage assay development and analysis queues and timelines
· Extensive knowledge of in vivo pharmacology and the drug discovery process
· Experience in developing fit-for-purpose biomarker/bioanalytical assays
· Ability to identify and implement (where and when appropriate) new technologies for the advancement of quantitative biomarker analytics
· Ability to build strong relationships with motivated co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise and function at a high level in a dynamic team setting where pivoting between leadership and/or individual roles may be required
· Embodies values-based leadership consistent with Kinnate Biopharma’s Core Values
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We offer a competitive total rewards package that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. The salary reasonably expected to be paid for this role is $155,00 to $166,812. The actual compensation and seniority level for this position will be determined based on relevant experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for an annual cash bonus and equity awards. Our employees are also eligible to receive other benefits including:
· Unlimited Paid Time Off
· 11 Company Paid Holidays - plus 2 annual paid “Refresher Days”
· Wide variety of comprehensive health, dental, and vision packages – most with minimal to no out-of-pocket expenses for employees
· Company contribution to 401k plan
· Employee stock purchase program
· Annual Massage Days
· Free local gym memberships
· Healthy Lifestyle Reimbursement Program
· Home Office Reimbursement Program
Kinnate recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. Physical presence at the Kinnate worksites or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the company culture.
Kinnate is proud to be responsible members of our communities. Subject to applicable law, we require all our employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, all applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment.
EEO & Employment Eligibility. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.