Who we are:
Kinnate Biopharma is driven by the urgency of cancer patients who need more effective therapies. We utilize our deep expertise in structure-based drug discovery, translational research and patient-driven precision medicine, which we refer to as our Kinnate Discovery Engine, to develop targeted therapies. Our lead programs include candidates in preclinical development for cancers that are driven by specific oncogenic alterations in either the BRAF kinase gene, or in the FGFR2 and FGFR3 kinase genes. To help move our programs forward, Kinnate has brought together a management team of precision oncology experts and scientific advisors who publish widely-cited research on topics relevant to the study and treatment of cancer and lead clinical units at experienced precision medicine cancer centers in the United States.
Your Impact at Kinnate:
We recently filed for our initial public offering to list on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
In this role you will...:
We are seeking a Principal Investigator (PI) of Bioinformatics to join our Translational Medicine team within Kinnate’s Clinical Development group. This is a new position to support expansion of the company’s operations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Translational Medicine and Bioinformatics, the Bioinformatics PI will be responsible analysis and reporting of clinical genomics data. The Bioinformatics PI will work closely with the Translational Medicine and Clinical Development teams to discover, validate, and implement predictive genomic biomarkers. This position may be based in either San Francisco or San Diego.
· Analysis of clinical biomarker data to better understand disease and target biology and to determine mechanisms of drug action, response and resistance
· Develop/oversee clinico-genomic data analysis plans and manage relationships with clinical assay labs, genomic data vendors and academic research institutes
· Conduct multi-omic data analysis (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, cell-free, single-cell, proteomic, etc.) and integrate with other preclinical, clinical and real-world data sets
· Build, improve and maintain databases and custom applications (eg. R Shiny apps) to maximize data accessibility and visibility by key stakeholders and project teams
· Keep well annotated analytical notebooks and code with appropriate version control
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive, list of the expected initial duties associated with the position. The role will evolve over time and changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The Right Stuff
· Graduate Degree (Ph.D./M.S.,) in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
· Ph.D. plus 2 years or M.S. plus 6 years of experience analyzing clinical genomics and biomarker data
· Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
· Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
· Engaged in the mission of Kinnate Biopharma, able to act with flexibility and always with integrity
· Strong communication skills and analytical abilities; follows best practices for reproducible research and code version control
· Proficient in one or more of the following: R, Python, bash, Ruby, Perl
· Demonstrated ability in analysis of sequencing data and understanding of library prep/sequencing methods including RNAseq, DNAseq, ctDNA, single cell seq, etc.
· Experience using public data/annotations such as AACR GENIE, ClinVar, Exome Variant Server, 1000 Genomes, OncoKB, TCGA and COSMIC
· Familiarity with bioinformatics resources and tools such as IGV, BLAST, BWA, GATK, NCBI, EBI, GO, KEGG, etc.
· Competent in biostats, statistical programming and data science
· Familiar with industry standards and regulatory guidance for analysis and reporting of clinical biomarker data
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. closed our $276M initial public offering in December 2020 and are listed on the Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in San Francisco, California. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.