Who We Are
Kinnate is a rapidly growing, clinical stage precision oncology company focused on the discovery and development of small molecule kinase inhibitors for difficult-to-treat, genomically defined cancers. Kinnate’s mission is to expand the reach of targeted therapeutics by developing products for underserved populations. With our lead program currently conducting a Phase 1 clinical trial and another program expected to initiate a Phase 1 clinical trial in the first half of 2022 (subject to FDA clearance), it is a very exciting time to join Kinnate! In addition to the promising developments in our pipeline, Kinnate is financially strong with approximately $324.9 million of cash, cash equivalents and investments as of December 31, 2021, which is expected to fund current operations, including initiation of multiple registrational studies, into the second half of 2023. Based in San Francisco and San Diego, California, the Kinnate team is composed of drug discovery experts supported by a distinguished group of scientific advisors.
Kinnate is an employee-focused company providing a best-in-class benefits package which includes: cash salaries and bonuses and equity awards for all employees; employee stock purchase program; unlimited paid time off; annual paid “refresher” days for all employees; annual massage days for all employees; highly subsidized health benefits packages with a wide variety of provider options and minimal to no out of pocket expenses for employees; monthly stipend for employees who elect no health coverage through Kinnate; life and accidental death and disability insurance; company contribution to 401k plan; flexible office and remote work options; free local gym memberships; healthy lifestyle reimbursement program; home office reimbursement program; and commuter and walking/biking benefits.
For more information, please visit www.kinnate.com.
Your impact at Kinnate
Kinnate is seeking a highly motivated Director / Senior Director of Medicinal Chemistry as a key contributor and member of our Medicinal Chemistry Team who will report to the VP of Chemistry. The successful candidate will have established a deep expertise in modern medicinal chemistry methods/tools/principles with a proven track record of high impact delivery of multiple small-molecule clinical candidates. The candidate will have in depth experience at building, mentoring and leading collaborative internal teams while also leveraging CRO-based chemistry resource. The role requires a record of building strong partnerships across research disciplines to surmount complex research problems that achieve key corporate portfolio goals. The candidate must be capable of integrating a wide range of data, with adept utilization of sophisticated, modern analysis techniques as needed to simplify the complex, leading teams and organizations to timely, well executed decisions.
Your impact at Kinnate
· Providing inclusive, scientific, professional and culturally inspiring team leadership to medicinal chemistry while effectively mentoring individuals with integrity
· Ensuring sound medicinal chemistry strategies are addressing critical project issues
· Collaborate as part of an integrated, cross functional program team delivering high-quality drug candidates into clinical development and beyond
· Maintaining a high level of productivity in a collaborative setting, working with Kinnate team and CROs
· Developing synthetic strategies and oversee productive synthesis of target molecules by overcoming complex challenges using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies
· Appling a comprehensive understanding of ADME, physicochemical properties, biology and safety considerations to proactively identify/predict series deficiencies and adjust focus of effort accordingly to have impact on key issues
· With key partners, build a sustainable research portfolio that delivers steady-state drug discovery goals.
· Responsible for communicating functional updates to the management team
· Contribute to development and execution of patent filing strategies
· Contribute to development of budgets to ensure success of medicinal chemistry goals
The Right Stuff
· PhD in synthetic organic chemistry with 7+ years-experience in the
biopharmaceutical industry is required
· Deep understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry principles, biology, pharmacology, translation, ADME/PK
· Strong skills in gathering, sharing and analyzing information from external sources such as literature, patents and scientific meetings to collaboratively set program strategy
· Strong working knowledge of protein-ligand interactions, conformational and structural analysis, computational chemistry, and SBDD models and visualization applications
· A proven leader who has set strategic direction, established, hired, trained, and motivated individuals as well as built and led high performing teams that have delivered impactful results
· Deep knowledge of hit ID approaches including; innovating creatively from the state-of-art, targeted small-molecule libraries, fragments, commercially available screen sets, target degrading molecules and modern hit ID assay/methods
· Extensive experience working with CRO, external organizations, academic partners, conducting due diligence, integrating new teams, partnering with process chemistry/CMC, project leadership, oncology experience, and targeting kinases are all strong pluses.
· Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills are essential
· Curious and eager to learn, self-motivated, great communicator, thriving in a dynamic and intellectually challenging environment
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
· Available to meet with staff in San Diego and San Francisco during business hours in California
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Kinnate is a science-driven company and we are proud to be responsible members of our communities. Subject to applicable law, we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID19 virus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.