Who We Are
Kinnate is a rapidly growing, clinical stage precision oncology company focused on the discovery and development of small molecule kinase inhibitors for difficult-to-treat, genomically defined cancers. Kinnate’s mission is to expand the reach of targeted therapeutics by developing products for underserved populations. With our lead program currently conducting a Phase 1 clinical trial and another program expected to initiate a Phase 1 clinical trial in the first half of 2022 (subject to FDA clearance), it is a very exciting time to join Kinnate! In addition to the promising developments in our pipeline, Kinnate is financially strong with approximately $324.9 million of cash, cash equivalents and investments as of December 31, 2021, which is expected to fund current operations, including initiation of multiple registrational studies, into the second half of 2023. Based in San Francisco and San Diego, California, the Kinnate team is composed of drug discovery experts supported by a distinguished group of scientific advisors.
Kinnate is an employee-focused company providing a best-in-class benefits package which includes: cash salaries and bonuses and equity awards for all employees; employee stock purchase program; unlimited paid time off; annual paid “refresher” days for all employees; annual massage days for all employees; highly subsidized health benefits packages with a wide variety of provider options and minimal to no out of pocket expenses for employees; monthly stipend for employees who elect no health coverage through Kinnate; life and accidental death and disability insurance; company contribution to 401k plan; flexible office and remote work options; free local gym memberships; healthy lifestyle reimbursement program; home office reimbursement program; and commuter and walking/biking benefits.
For more information, please visit www.kinnate.com.
Your impact at Kinnate
Reporting directly to the Vice President of People & Culture, the Director of HR responsibilities will include talent development, organizational effectiveness, leading through change, HR analytics, employee relations, performance management compensation planning and assistance with talent acquisition. Responsibilities may be expanded to include additional client assignments.
· Design and implement HR strategies in support of business priorities.
· Design and deliver HR programs to support People Strategy.
· Lead implementation of core HR processes including performance management, talent development, succession planning, organizational effectiveness, leading through change, and employee relations
· Coach/mentor and consult senior leaders for leadership development, succession planning, and talent management.
· Act as an advisor and thought partner for business leaders to increase effectiveness of the organization, continue to foster employee engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
· Assist with developing personnel policies and departmental procedures and provide guidance to employees and management. Ensure such policies and procedures are adhered to and controls are appropriate and followed
· Help coordinate benefit open enrollments, changes, and orientations for employee benefit programs
· Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies
· Assist with identifying technology and systems needed to support our growing company.
· Work closely with hiring managers to establish and forecast people needs, establish staffing priorities, and work with Head of Talent Acquisition to manage related changes
· Ensure facility complies with labor regulations (federal, state, and local)
· Ad-hoc projects as needed
· Design, develop, and implement a strategic organizational development plan to include organization design and development, succession planning, leadership development, talent management, change management, employee engagement efforts, and cultural change
· Responsible for overseeing, developing, and integrating the change strategy for implementing HR Strategies with business leaders.
· Identify opportunities and programs to increase engagement and performance for respective functions
· Streamline human resources management workflows, systems, and processes to optimize the efficiency of the function. Oversee and act as key contact to external providers (i.e. externalised payroll process) such as TriNet.
· Advise the leadership team on employee relations management issues and oversee strategies/action steps for new or refined programs, policies, and processes to enhance organizational effectiveness and workplace culture
· Engage with the business to enhance workforce planning and development, including leadership development, retention and change management strategies
· Work with leadership teams to enable and facilitate collaborative working and the building of high performing relationships across the teams and sites
· Champion diversity and inclusion initiatives to ensure a diverse and inclusive culture that attracts and retains a diverse talent pool
· Keep abreast of critical issues across departments; understand market and economic factors affecting the organization; participate in corporate policy development; and create and deliver an outstanding experience for the organization’s employees and customers action plans with succinct deliverables and timelines.
· Advise business leaders/senior leadership with actionable items to mitigate issues and concerns to always protect the company
The Right Stuff:
· At least 10 years of HR professional experience
· Any experience working in smaller, growing p biotech/pharmaceutical companies preferred
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master's in Human Resources or Business preferred
· Strong knowledge of HR management components such as training, compensation, performance management, change leadership, executive coaching, employee relations, and organizational design
· A proven track record of disciplined action and execution in Human Resource projects.
· There should be demonstrated skills and proficiency in influencing effectively at multiple levels of an organization
· Must have strong teamwork and proven skills communicating effectively across all functional areas
· The incumbent must have strong project and process management skills and strong consulting skills
· Experience working with Leadership Team members and employees working from a variety of locations (globally)
· Ability to work with highly sensitive information and consistently demonstrate high integrity and confidentiality
· Ability to balance the needs of employees and the business needs of the organization
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office products and HRIS systems.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and passionate customer service mentality
· Must be able to prioritize duties and multitask to meet internal and external deadlines
· A problem-solver who is ready to be at the center of an innovative, fast-paced, team
· Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and problem-solving ability
· A proven ability to serve as a business partner with specific experience in a variety of HR modalities.
· Ability to travel between San Diego and San Francisco Office as needed
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Kinnate is a science-driven company and we are proud to be responsible members of our communities. Subject to applicable law, we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID19 virus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.