Who We Are
Kinnate is a rapidly growing, clinical stage precision oncology company focused on the discovery and development of small molecule kinase inhibitors for difficult-to-treat, genomically defined cancers. Kinnate’s mission is to expand the reach of targeted therapeutics by developing products for underserved populations. With our lead program currently conducting a Phase 1 clinical trial and another program expected to initiate a Phase 1 clinical trial in the first half of 2022 (subject to FDA clearance), it is a very exciting time to join Kinnate! In addition to the promising developments in our pipeline, Kinnate is financially strong with approximately $324.9 million of cash, cash equivalents and investments as of December 31, 2021, which is expected to fund current operations, including initiation of multiple registrational studies, into the second half of 2023. Based in San Francisco and San Diego, California, the Kinnate team is composed of drug discovery experts supported by a distinguished group of scientific advisors.
Kinnate is an employee-focused company providing a best-in-class benefits package which includes: cash salaries and bonuses and equity awards for all employees; employee stock purchase program; unlimited paid time off; annual paid “refresher” days for all employees; annual massage days for all employees; highly subsidized health benefits packages with a wide variety of provider options and minimal to no out of pocket expenses for employees; monthly stipend for employees who elect no health coverage through Kinnate; life and accidental death and disability insurance; company contribution to 401k plan; flexible office and remote work options; free local gym memberships; healthy lifestyle reimbursement program; home office reimbursement program; and commuter and walking/biking benefits.
For more information, please visit www.kinnate.com.
Your impact at Kinnate
Kinnate is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Director of Informatics to help lead a core group of scientists in our drug discovery group through setting and executing the informatics strategy. This senior role is fundamental within the discovery team. It is a great opportunity to tackle a diverse set of problems while working within a highly matrixed, collaborative team and will report to the Vice President of Chemistry.
· Set a clear strategy for the Informatics group to achieve its audacious goals
· Design, develop and deliver informatic solutions to support the drug discovery process
· Lead informatics efforts to support cheminformatics, structural informatics and bioinformatics
· Optimize various data sources and tools for effective use by Discovery scientists
· Collaborate with IT to ensure servers, storage, network, and other infrastructure are suitable for driving discovery
· Partner with R&D groups and project teams to integrate applications, tools, and workflows for analyzing and expanding the use of biological and chemical data
· Expand the utility and scope of the relational databases while maintaining the infrastructure and ensuring data integrity
· Research, select and integrate informatics software applications to meet user needs, train users to effectively use applications
· Serve as a scientific expert in multi-disciplinary discovery project teams
· Mentor junior scientists fostering their development as expert informatics scientists
The Right Stuff
· MS or PhD in chemistry, biology, statistics, computational biology, bioinformatics, genetics, or computer science
· Expert understanding of relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, RDS, DynamoDB), SQL (DDL/DML/DQL), ERD, ETL, data warehousing and database optimization
· Strong understanding and use of interfaces such as REST, SOAP and APIs and associated data structures such as JSON and XML
· Experience with developing and management of cloud computing environments (Azure and AWS)
· Experience managing software licenses, installation (windows and Linux)
· Knowledge and utilization of various file storage types such as AWS S3 Azure Blob, SharePoint Document Repository, AWS FSx and others
· Familiarity with web protocols and networking
· Demonstrated history of scientific data systems integration
· Experience applying cheminformatics toolkits and packages (e.g. Pipeline Pilot, KNIME, ChemAxon) to analyze large scale data sets from multiple sources is preferred
· Experience with data visualization tools (Dotmatics, Spotfire) and chemistry drawing programs (Chemdraw) is preferred
· Experience working with multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams is required
· Curious and eager to learn, self-motivated, great communicator, thriving in a dynamic and intellectually challenging environment
· Organized and driven, critical thinker
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
· Available to meet with staff in San Diego and San Francisco during business hours in California
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Kinnate is a science-driven company and we are proud to be responsible members of our communities. Subject to applicable law, we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID19 virus.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.