Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to cancer patients who desperately need solutions. We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving potential. If you enjoy co-elevating your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your Impact at Kinnate
We are seeking a Vice President, PR, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, as the VP you will lead and implement the strategic planning, direction and execution of all Investor Relations, Public Relations and Corporate Communications for the organization. You will be responsible for spearheading the development of Kinnate’s communication strategy and campaigns to elevate the Kinnate brand both internally and externally. Key functions will include executive communications, public relations, investor relations, social media, corporate social responsibility, internal communications and working closely across the organization to ensure proper attention for the organization in the marketplace.
Kinnate operates under a hybrid model: The majority of your time will be working remotely, with time spent at either our San Diego or San Francisco office. This position can be based in either location.
- Lead and implement the strategic planning, direction, and execution of all Investor Relations, Public Relations, and Corporate Communications for the organization.
- Develop, oversee, and drive a strategic and comprehensive investor relations plan to align with the overall business objectives.
- Partner with the CEO and CFO and other executives to lead and manage the company’s participation on quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls and in-house meetings, roadshows, analyst days, and one-on-one meetings.
- Develop and lead all strategic communications including, developing communication plans to take advantage of key company milestones, preparing press releases, presentation decks, and earnings releases.
- Create management Q&As, conference call scripts, and business descriptions/other information for securities filings, the annual report, and the company website.
- Interact across the organization to target, surface, and generate awareness around potential news flow and monitor/manage via a knowledge map document and related internal communications meetings.
- Coordinate, plan and execute key company events, including analyst days, medical / scientific conferences, data presentations and other related news-driven opportunities.
- Build strong relationships and maintain regular communication with individual investors.
- Select sell-side contacts to provide up-to-date information about events and market trends affecting the company to communicate our long-term vision.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other functional areas to develop messaging that authentically conveys Kinnate’s mission and brand.
- Oversees all community engagement functions / patient advocacy strategy and related external communications
- Provides strategic analysis of issues and determines appropriate proactive and reactive messaging to enhance and improve the reputation of the organization and support the vision and direction.
- In partnership with Human Resources, functional leads, general counsel, and corporate counsel, manage internal employee communications and media training, including managing town halls and certain internal company meetings.
- Develop and evolve the communication strategy to align with changes to the business.
- Confirm and verify all information is following product promotion guidelines, SEC regulations and adheres to Regulation Fair Disclosure.
- Lead and develop strong partnerships with external firms and consultants, including digital /social media firms, to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive, list of the expected initial duties associated with the position. The role will evolve over time and changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- 15+ years in the biotech /pharmaceutical industry, with direct experience leading investor relations and corporate communications within a publicly traded biotech company and / or in an agency setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated track record of conducting successful, proactive global communications programs that employ creativity and use of a variety of tools, forums, media and metrics.
- Reputation for successful business interactions, established relationships and credibility with the investment community, media, and biopharma journalists.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion.
- Knowledge of SEC and disclosure requirements preferred.
- Exceptionally strong verbal, written and digital communication skills, including the robust ability to present clearly and concisely to both various scientific and technical audiences.
- Deep knowledge and experience with managing and overseeing contract IR/PR agencies and vendors.
- Digital expertise with social media and video & digital channels
- Proven experience developing strong partnerships with cross-functional senior key stakeholders to ensure that strategic business goals are met through the sharing of knowledge and teamwork.
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with Kinnate Biopharma’s Core Values
- Engaged in the mission of Kinnate Biopharma and acting with Flexibility and Integrity.
- Ability to travel for planned events if in-person (medical conferences, investor meetings etc.
Kinnate is a science-driven company. We expect every employee to be vaccinated against the COVID virus, and we require that vaccination to work in the office.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. closed a $276M initial public offering in December 2020 and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in San Francisco, California. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.