Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to cancer patients who desperately need solutions. We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving potential. If you enjoy co-elevating your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your impact at Kinnate
As a Senior Scientist, Discovery Biology, you are dynamic and collaborative. You will be responsible for sourcing/requesting bio-assay experiments in biochemical, cellular, biophysical, ADME screens for drug optimization. You will advance scientific understanding by providing oversight of CRO screening efforts, ensure result quality and rapid communication to the broad team concurrent with timely database archiving.
- Enable discovery project teams with results from the screening suite and contribute to the understanding of how compound physical properties and structural features influence measured assay results.
- Develop effective partnerships, externally and internally, and communicating effectively with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project team scientists on key experimental design and assay cascade that leverages chemical tools to probe target pharmacology.
- Provide scientific leadership and expertise for primary screening support and scientific innovation relevant to cellular pharmacology, biochemistry & binding kinetics, biophysical measurements, and ADME sciences.
- Develop/enhance laboratory-based productivity at contract labs or with external collaborators, in line with project or portfolio strategies, to integrate in vitro assay support with the optimum balance of throughput and accuracy to meet the drug discovery needs.
- Ensure result quality and rapid database archiving.
- Design, review and approve in vitro study protocols. Provide data form views and research reports or presentations as necessary to inform colleagues and management.
- Generate written experimental protocols and abstracts/manuscripts for publication.
The Right Stuff:
- MS with 7 years or PhD with 3 years of relevant biopharmaceutical experience or equivalent.
- Candidates with a diverse scientific background (e.g. chemical biology, biophysics, pharmacokinetics, biochemistry, biology, pharmaceutical sciences) are encouraged to apply.
- A strong record of scientific achievement and excellent communication skills as demonstrated through publications and presentations.
- Small molecule discovery and development, molecular biology, oncology, and kinase experience a plus
- Experience developing cellular and biochemical models along with implementation into assay development and routine screening is desirable.
- Highly effective written, presentation and verbal communication skills are essential.
NOTE: this position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. closed our $276M initial public offering, in December 2020, and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California, and a portion of our management team is based in San Francisco. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.