Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to cancer patients who desperately need solutions. We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving potential. If you enjoy co-elevating your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your Impact at Kinnate
As a Sr. Clinical Accountant, you will support the expansion of the company’s clinical operations. Reporting to the Controller and working closely with the clinical team, your primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy of Kinnate’s clinical accruals (including for manufacturing, regulatory, and non-clinical research). You will be tasked with other finance and accounting duties, as well, to help with the monthly close, management reporting, and SEC filings. This position may be based in either our San Diego or San Francisco office.
· Review all clinical agreements, including but not limited to CRO contracts, consultant contracts, protocols, investigator clinical trial agreements, laboratory service providers and supporting technology platforms.
· Analyze the sufficiency of accrued liability account balances.
· Review vendor requests for payments against contracts and work performed.
· Review Purchase Orders for completeness.
· Monitor and communicate spend/expense recognition against open purchase orders.
· Prepare monthly results packages (i.e. budget-to-actual analysis, trending analysis, etc.).
· With oversight, perform month-end close responsibilities including posting journal entries to the general-ledger and performing account reconciliations.
· Support external auditors during internal control testing and financial audits.
· Establish and maintain a SOX 404 compliant control environment, including process narratives and control matrices.
· Participate in the implementation and maintenance of accounting systems and other technology platforms and improvements.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive, list of the expected initial duties associated with the position. The role will evolve over time and changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The Right Stuff
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required; advanced degree or training a plus, (CPA, MBA, Certificates).
· A minimum of 8 years of progressive finance and accounting experience, including hands on experience working with departments outside of accounting.
· Finance experience at a CRO is a plus.
· Solid understanding of drug development and clinical operations; well-versed in understanding clinical service provider budgets and associated payment terms.
· Intermediate to advanced software skills. (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
· Excellent ability to work in a goal and team-oriented setting.
· Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to thrive under pressure.
· Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
· Excellent internal customer service skills.
· Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to develop relationships within and outside the finance team
· Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task/ prioritize and time management of daily activities.
· Ability to work remotely and effectively interact with a dispersed set of colleagues and consultants.
· Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
· Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
· Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor.
· Flexibility within a rapidly changing environment.
· Values-based leadership consistent with Kinnate Biopharma’s Core Values.
· Engaged in the mission of Kinnate Biopharma and acting with Flexibility and Integrity.
Employee constantly works at home and infrequently works in an office environment.
In December 2020, Kinnate Biopharma Inc. closed a $276M initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in San Francisco, California. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Why the Position is Open: New position to support expansion of the company’s clinical operations.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.