Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to cancer patients who desperately need solutions. We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving potential. If you enjoy co-elevating your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your impact at Kinnate
Kinnate seeks a highly knowledgeable and motivated Principal Investigator, Cheminformatics to take on a key role in our drug discovery group in San Diego, CA. As a successful candidate, you will work in collaboration with exceptionally talented and committed colleagues toward discovering oncology therapeutics. Your work would directly enable our drug discovery teams through data mining, visualization, workflow development, and deployment of predictive models as an expert user and as a mentor to others for general use. You will have proven expertise in the cheminformatics field with impactful technical capabilities to extract knowledge from broad chemical and biological information and a collaborative, team-based approach to continuous improvement.
- Bring in, enhance or develop tools for conducting sophisticated analysis of diverse data sources to gain knowledge of how structure and physical properties of compounds influence the resulting potency, pharmacology, safety, ADME and PD.
- Support more effective data searching, integration, sharing, visualization and deep analysis methodologies through your cheminformatics expertise and delivery of solutions.
- Provide database enhancements and curation of applications including software configuration.
- Thrive in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment to develop key enabling capabilities by proactively working with internal colleagues or by developing valuable collaborations or with CROs.
- Innovate new workflow automation with high impact across the portfolio.
- Design and development of architecture for software solutions to sophisticated scientific problems.
- Implementation, deployment and maintenance of software tools and applications.
- Influence the prospective use of computational methods and predictive models.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to leverage cheminformatics and machine learning to enable the small molecule portfolio.
- Support data analytics that promote multi-parameter optimization and physical property-based SAR analysis to extract patterns and correlations that lead to improved development candidates.
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of contemporary cheminformatics methods and their application to drug discovery projects, bringing in methods with high impact.
Interact with interdisciplinary project teams by providing innovative data visualization and scoring solutions to drive effective decision-making
New oncology therapy breakthroughs await your creative spirit and “roll-up your sleeves” approach because #patientsarewaiting!
The Right Stuff
- MS or PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, medicinal chemistry or computer science with a minimum of 5 years of biopharmaceutical cheminformatics experience.
- A working knowledge of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery- training in biology, chemistry and structure-based drug design is a plus.
- Proven expertise in cheminformatics, with a track record in the analysis and manipulation of biological and/or chemical data sets in a drug discovery setting.
- Experience in the creation of data workflows for improved platform integration and automation.
- Expertise in a widely used programming languages (e.g. Python /Java) and/or Pipeline Pilot scripting is preferred.
- Expertise to integrate cheminformatics techniques such as clustering, R-group deconvolution, matched pair analysis, similarity and substructure searching, predictive model development, large-scale data visualization/analysis, physical property-based analysis schemes, and multiple-parameter optimization methods.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. recently closed our $276M initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.