Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of
professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to
cancer patients who desperately need solutions.
We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and
personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine
revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated
by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving
potential. If you enjoy co-elevating
your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united
by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your impact at Kinnate
As a Director, Translational Medicine (CDx / Dx / Biomarker Lead), you will join a dynamic team of highly effective, collaborative researchers driven to succeed. You will work with multiple functions supporting early-stage clinical programs, working with external partners to develop companion diagnostic (CDx) tests to support programs in various stages of development. You’ll be someone passionate about your role in bringing targeted therapies to cancer patients. You desire making direct impact on oncology research and development and will excel by lending your translational and/or clinical biomarker experience to this role.
- Lead the clinical biomarker and CDx function (within Translational Medicine) to develop and deliver the overarching biomarker and diagnostic strategies for all of Kinnate’s clinical programs
- Manage a team of Translational Medicine scientists to drive design, execution and reporting of preclinical and clinical research studies tied to the biomarker and CDx strategy
- Provide functional leadership to support efficient advancement of Kinnate’s clinical programs through representation on product teams and relevant sub-teams, through authoring of relevant sections of clinical and regulatory documents (e.g., clinical protocols, IBs, INDs, NDAs, BBs, IDEs, PMAs), and through engagement with senior management and external research and business partners
- Be accountable for timely delivery of high-quality CDx data packages as required for successful regulatory approval and commercialization, including identification of external partners and diagnostic oversight
- Function as a scientific and business thought-leader inside the company and outside the company as a key link to the external community
- Support business development outreach and strategic partnership evaluations as a biomarker and diagnostic subject matter expert
- Contribute to corporate communications and scientific presentations to support Kinnate’s business objectives
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills for clinical, business, and scientific audiences
- Highly adept at solving complex, cross-functional problems
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to positively influence colleagues, direct reports, and external partners
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly accountable environment
- Proactive and self-motivated team player
The Right Stuff
in genetics, molecular biology, or related field with 12+ years of experience
in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry role, with 6+ years of prior drug
development experience in oncology
- Deep understanding of technical and regulatory aspects of companion diagnostic (CDx) development
- Direct experience with strategic and tactical execution of biomarker research in clinical trials
- Prior experience in leading IVD development and regulatory interactions
- Understanding of established and novel diagnostics platforms and technologies for in vitro diagnostics
- Proven excellence in applying scientific and clinical knowledge to strategic planning, goal setting, and successful project execution as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Excellent organization skills and results driven mindset tied to timelines and budgets
- Strong track record of engagement with and effective management of external business partners
- Proven ability to interact collaboratively with colleagues at all levels in a fast-paced environment remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. recently closed our $276M initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate
Biopharma, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than
candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing
agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted
directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in
the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of
Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect