Who We Are
We're a dedicated and diverse team of passionate
professionals who are motivated by a profound sense of urgency to create
transformative medicines with life-saving potential. We are driven to
ignite the precision medicine revolution, bringing targeted therapies to
patients in desperate need of solutions.
We take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We enjoy each other’s company and believe having fun is an essential part of teamwork. If you like working alongside passionate colleagues committed to co-elevating one another in the relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your Impact at Kinnate:
The Principal Investigator, Translational Medicine will be a critical member of the research and development team reporting directly to the Director of Translational Medicine. The Principal Investigator will be responsible for developing and executing translational and clinical biomarker strategies across multiple programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cancer biology, cancer genetics, and clinical biomarkers/assay development. This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in advancing oncology drug development programs in an emerging biotech company.
- Develop biomarker plans for clinical study protocols, adhering to pre-specified timelines, budget, and performance standard, to inform the development of targeted and personalized medicine
- Design and execute translational research including preclinical proof-of-concept investigations and clinical integration of assays for patient selection and PD / predictive biomarker assessments
- Evaluate, select, and manage external vendors to implement, validate, and conduct clinical biomarker assay development
- Conduct patient sample analyses with techniques such as DNA/RNA sequencing, gene expression analysis, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, disease-specific imaging, and other laboratory tests
- Lead the effort for clinical biomarker data generation, analyses, reporting, and communication to the Clinical Development team
- Develop and author biomarker components of regulatory documents (e.g., INDs, IBs, clinical study protocols) as well as scientific abstracts / publications
- Collaborate with internal scientists, external academic investigators, and contract research organizations to execute and expand translational/clinical biomarker research efforts
- Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature and evaluates implications for internal projects
responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive, list of the initial
duties associated with the position. The role will evolve over time and changes
to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The Right Stuff:
- Advanced degree (PhD/MS) or equivalent required with at least 5 years of practical experience in a translational function in the pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth understanding of cancer biology, genetics, and immunology
- Direct hands-on experience in the discovery, development, and utilization of biomarkers or biomarker-technologies and clinical trial sample analyses
- Strong background in drug development and knowledge of regulatory processes, familiar with FDA regulatory guidance, experienced in authoring regulatory documents and communications
- A track record of accomplishments (including literature publications) demonstrating technical proficiency, independent thinking, and scientific creativity
- Experience with CDx assay development desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, organizational, and time management skills
- Flexibility to adjusting workloads and changing priorities towards accomplishing a common goal
- Ability to build strong relationships in working with cross-functional teams
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. recently closed a $276M initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.