Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of
professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to
cancer patients who desperately need solutions.
We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and
personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine
revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated
by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving
potential. If you enjoy co-elevating
your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united
by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Your impact at Kinnate
As the VP of Discovery Biology, you will lead a team of
biology researchers selecting development candidates to continually fuel the
R&D pipeline by stewarding the next generation of targeted therapies into
IND-enabling activities. Your contributions will be highly visible to executive
leadership and external key opinion leaders. You will interact directly with Kinnate’s
world-renowned scientific advisory board consisting of leaders from top cancer
centers. By forming a bridge from
medicinal chemistry to translational research, you will serve as a foundational
pillar of the R&D organization. New oncology
therapy breakthroughs await your creative spirit and “roll-up your sleeves”
approach because #patients are waiting.
The Right Stuff
- At least 10 years in oncology R&D at a biotech and/or pharma with a combined 15+ years in oncology research settings
- PhD and/or MD
- Track record of delivering small molecule, kinase inhibitor development candidates
- Balance of strategic thinking and “roll up your sleeves” approach to drug discovery
- Deep understanding of in vitro assay development including biochemical, biophysical, and cellular assays
- A deep understanding of in vitro and in vivo drug combinations that allows identification of clinical combination strategies
- Familiarity with TIBCO Spotfire and/or Dotmatics to enable close collaboration with the Drug Discovery group
- Experience overseeing in vivo pharmacology studies including efficacy, PK/PD, and exploratory toxicology
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable inclusion of colleagues across the internal organization as well as throughout our extended network of international CROs
- Effective communication that enables clear, concise, and compelling messaging
- A commitment to growing the next generation of precision medicine leaders
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. recently closed our $276M initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Kinnate Biopharma, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Kinnate or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Kinnate’s internal HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Kinnate, and Kinnate will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.