Who We Are:
We're a dedicated and diverse team of passionate professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to cancer patients who desperately need solutions. We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers.
We are motivated by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving potential. If you enjoy co-elevating your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Kinnate is seeking a Director of Discovery Biology, with deep knowledge of cancer drug discovery and capability to be a Program Team co-Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaboratively developing a biology strategy, and the needed assays and models that are relevant for well-defined target profiles across multiple programs. The role will lead a collaborative team of internal scientists to design, schedule and manage effective execution of experiments conducted at CROs that inform lead optimization and the characterization of development candidates. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cancer cell biology, signal transduction pathways and in vitro pharmacology with a record of cross-functional, collaborative achievements to advance oncology research programs.
Your Impact at Kinnate:
· Co-lead high performing, collaborative drug discovery projects aiming to deliver small molecule therapeutics to treat cancer.
· Develop effective targeted biology strategies, and the needed assays and models to successfully drive drug discovery programs and therapeutic candidates to the clinic.
· Develop appropriate counter screens and effective selectivity screens to proactively address key compound safety profiles and/or on-target, mechanism-based safety profiles.
· Contribute to strategic research portfolio planning.
· Spearhead the evaluation of new project opportunities, feasibility assessments, summary of competitive landscape in collaboration with colleagues in other disciplines.
· Responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of internal and external resources for the support and advancement of one or more programs and work closely with external research collaborators to delivery on ambitious drug discovery milestones.
· Ensure knowledge gained from biologic data is effectively integrated into project teams through efficient QC, data upload and collaborative interpretation.
· Represent discovery projects at management meetings and to external stakeholders.
· Collaborate with Project Management to develop timelines and budgets.
· Ensure that team/CRO tasks are completed appropriately, establishes research milestones.
· Contributes significantly to the planning and preparation of documentation sections required for regulatory filings (e.g. INDs).
· Author quality written records, documents, publications, and presentations.
The Right Stuff:
· Ph.D. in Biology related field with 7+ years of industry experience in cancer drug discovery, or equivalent.
· A strong record of individual, team-level and leadership contributions to successful small molecule drug discovery programs.
· Demonstrated leadership of a high performing team.
· Deep scientific expertise in cancer biology and cellular pharmacology. Additional experience in immuno-oncology assays and immune cell signaling and profiling is desired.
· An outstanding record of quality publications, oral presentations, and contributions to key corporate documents (e.g. drug candidate nomination, briefing documents)
· Experience characterizing selective target modulation and downstream MoA studies in appropriate cellular context and to ensure translation to relevant disease setting and potential target-based safety risks.
· Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
· Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor.
· Values-based leadership consistent with Kinnate Biopharma’s Core Values
· Engaged in the mission of Kinnate Biopharma and acting with Flexibility and Integrity.
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. recently closed a $276M initial public offering and are listed on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.