Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of professionals who take our work very seriously, but not ourselves too seriously. We are driven to deliver new medicines to cancer patients who desperately need solutions. We are a collection of individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, yet all united by this purpose to ignite the precision medicine revolution by delivering targeted therapies for those battling cancers. We are motivated by a profound sense of urgency and passion to create medicines with life-saving potential. If you enjoy co-elevating your colleagues and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals united by a relentless pursuit to end cancer, then Kinnate may be the home for you.
Summary Description of Role:
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Principal Investigator. This is a new position to support expansion of the company’s operations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Translational Medicine and Bioinformatics, the Bioinformatics Principal Investigator will be responsible for developing and improvement upon end- to-end genomic/transcriptomic data analysis pipelines for preclinical and clinical data. The candidate will work closely with the Translational Research team to design experiments and analyze resulting data in an effort to discover and develop predictive genomic biomarkers, better understand the drug target/disease biology and putative mechanisms of response/resistance to treatments.
- Study design and data analysis of preclinical, high-throughput nucleic acid sequencing experiments to better understand disease and target biology and to determine mechanisms of drug action, response and resistance
- Build and modify cloud enabled, genomic/transcriptomic data analysis pipelines: variant calling, structural variant analysis, differential gene/transcript expression
- Conduct multi-omic data analysis (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, cell-free, single-cell, FACS, NanoString, etc.) integrate with other preclinical and clinical data sets
- Build, improve and maintain databases and custom applications (e.g. R Shiny apps) to maximize data accessibility and visibility across the organization
- Keep well annotated code with appropriate version control
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive, list of the expected initial duties associated with the position. The role will evolve over time and changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Graduate Degree (Ph.D./M.S.,) in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
- D. plus 2 years or M.S. plus 6 years of experience developing pipelines and analyzing biological data
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Engaged in the mission of Kinnate Biopharma and acting with Flexibility and
- Strong communication skills and analytical abilities; follows best practices for reproducible research and code version
- Proficient in UNIX/LINUX command line, bash scripting and one or more of the following: R, Python, Ruby,
- Experience with data analysis in cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes and batch scheduling. Experience with Nextflow.
- Demonstrated ability in analysis of sequencing data and understanding of library prep/sequencing methods including RNAseq, DNAseq, ctDNA, single cell seq,
- Experience using public data/annotations such as AACR Genie, ClinVar, Exome Variant Server, 1000 Genomes, OncoKB, TCGA and COSMIC
- Familiarity with bioinformatics resources and tools such as IGV, BLAST, BWA, GATK, NCBI, EBI, GO, KEGG,
- Biostats, statistical programming and data science experience are all pluses
We recently filed for our initial public offering to list on Nasdaq. Prior to that, we closed three significant venture capital financings, including our $98M Series C round in July and August 2020 and our $74.5M Series B round in December 2019. Kinnate has a passionate and seasoned Team, guided by industry leaders in precision medicine and drug discovery, developing a focused portfolio strategy, and leveraging unique team expertise. Our Research and Development team is based primarily in San Diego, California and a portion of our management team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a small but growing precision oncology company with a bright future.
EEO & EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
Kinnate Biopharma Inc. is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company. We provide equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Kinnate Biopharma Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of applicable law.
WHY POSITION IS OPEN: New position to support expansion of the company’s operations