Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Underwriting & Credit Policy, Accion Opportunity Fund is seeking a highly motivated Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join our team. The Senior Risk Analyst will work closely with the Underwriting, Analytics, and Technology teams to design, implement, and manage credit and fraud strategies. You will use analytics tools and techniques to develop credit and fraud strategies with the goal of maximizing the organization’s financial sustainability, mission fulfillment, and stakeholder results (investors, donors, and capital providers).
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
Develop, implement, and manage credit strategies, including approval criteria, maximum loan amount assignment, and loan pricing based on expected probability of default.
- Partner with Data & Analytics team to create dashboards to track KPIs around credit and fraud strategy and portfolio performance.
- Provide insights and recommendations to management to improve credit policies and underwriting procedures.
- Explore opportunities to expand credit box and present recommendations to management.
- Investigate data trends of underperforming loans to identify risk mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate loan performance data and third-party data, including traditional and non-traditional credit data, to inform credit strategy changes.
- Prepare content for quarterly credit risk committee meetings.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative area such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, and economics.
- 5+ years in credit data/analytics. Knowledge of small business lending a plus. Proficient with SQL and at least one of the following: Python, SAS, or R.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Strong ownership mentality with exceptional resourcefulness and drive for results
- Data-driven and solutions oriented
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to engage and work effectively with staff in multiple locations
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection).
- 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.