Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, Accion Opportunity Fund is seeking a curious and highly motivated HR Administrator to join our team of HR experts. The HR Administrator will provide a full range of administrative support to the HR team, contributing to the smooth operations of the department. The incumbent will serve as the frontline contact for the HR team, respond to employee inquiries, and perform various administrative functions. This position will assist with the day-to-day functions related to recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, leave of absence, payroll, HR reporting and training administration. The ideal candidate would be customer focused, highly organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask and collaborate in a team environment.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization by responding to inquiries in a timely manner and providing effective and efficient problem resolution. Refer more complex inquiries to the appropriate HR team member.
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager with the recruitment process, which includes job posting, interview scheduling, onboarding, new employee background checks, I-9 documentation, coordinate delivery of new hire equipment and schedule and conduct new hire orientation.
- Process and input new hires, transfers, promotions, manager changes, leaves of absences, return to work, terminations, and other employee status changes in the HRMS software.
- Perform administrative functions such as managing personnel files, benefit administration, retirement administration, preparing job descriptions, job postings, coordinating new hire onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Payroll administration including review of timesheets for accuracy and transfer of timesheet information.
- Manage leave of absence administration.
- Manage and maintain the HRMS software.
- Run ad hoc reports requested by HR team and other stakeholders.
- Process verifications of employment, unemployment, and disability claims.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Maintain LinkedIn Learning account – assign and remove licenses and manage employee directory.
- Manage company-wide organizational chart.
- Other duties as assigned.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business, Administration, or related field.
- 0-2 years general HR or administrative experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Able to learn new systems and technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of standard human resources concepts, best practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated a high level of confidentiality.
- A self-starter with curiosity.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to make human resources their career path.
- Solid organizational skills; task prioritization and effective time management.
- Although the position is primarily remote (WFH), candidate must be able to go into the San Jose office or designated location periodically for team meetings.
- Experience working in HR
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection).
- 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. aofund.org