Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, we are looking for an enthusiastic and results-driven Talent Acquisition Manager to join our growing team of HR experts. The incumbent will support the development and maintenance of recruitment best practices in alignment with the overall organizational strategy. The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for all phases of the recruitment life-cycle, from collaborating with hiring managers and the HR department to gain an understanding of the best-fit applicants for the organization to posting, sourcing, selection and onboarding.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to create or edit detailed and accurate job descriptions.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Identifies and participates in job fairs and targeted recruiting sessions.
- Manages the job posting processes and provides best practice guidance to hiring managers on the use of social media to advertise postings.
- Sources candidates, screens applications and work with hiring manager to select qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Measures, analyzes and reports on recruitment metrics.
- Develops and implements a summer internship program.
- Coordinates the engagement and output of contract recruiters as necessary.
- Manages the candidate experience.
- Develops and implements the Internal Mobility Process.
- Collaborates with other HR staff, finance staff and hiring manager during the offer process.
- Coordinates onboarding process with other stakeholders, including initiating any required training.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
Highly qualified candidates will share AOF's commitment to its mission and will embody the organization' s core values. In addition, they will bring a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Strong business acumen to ensure understanding of key desired skillsets across a variety of roles.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection).
- 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. aofund.org