Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer and Deputy Chief Legal Officer, the Interim Compliance Specialist will work with the Compliance team to review, revise and update AOF’s compliance policies, procedures and business standards across all conduct and regulations relevant to AOF’s business. The Interim Compliance Specialist will have significant experience with Compliance regulatory requirements across the financial services industry as well as strong research and writing skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across AOF. This is a temp to hire position.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Work closely with the Compliance team to revise Compliance policies and procedures.
- Review inventory of existing policies and procedures to identify gaps, redundancies, opportunities for consolidation and streamlining
- Categorize policies and procedures by subject matter
- Revise/redraft existing policies and draft new polices as needed (between one and four pages)
- Revise/redraft existing procedures and draft new procedures as needed
- Review and assist Compliance staff with creating, revising and implementing related employee training
Highly qualified candidates will share AOF’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values. In addition, they will bring a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- At least 5 years’ in-house Compliance Department experience, including BSA/AML
- Financial services industry experience, preferably including lending
- Strong writing and regulatory research skills
- Experience drafting compliance policies, procedures and employee training
- Understanding of and experience with lending/credit regulatory requirements
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. aofund.org