Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Senior Director, Capital Markets the Investment Administrator will manage our investor compliance reporting. The Investment Administrator will work directly with the Senior Director, Capital Markets and be expected to perform in an analytical capacity while maintaining relationships with bank counterparties and investors to help fund the growth of our organization. Accion Opportunity Fund’s portfolio of small business loans is currently funded by multiple bank notes and credit facilities all of which require monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Play the focal point for communications with investors.
- Coordinate with departments to collect all reporting needed monthly, quarterly and on an ad hoc basis and then share with our investor’s.
- Work with the Financial Analyst on a quarterly basis to compile compliance certificates and get them signed by the CFO.
- Email out the compliance reports to investors.
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures to meet changing business requirements.
- Calculate and distribute monthly remittance files to our loan buyers.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- BA/ BS degree preferably in a quantitative field
- 0-2 years’ experience.
- Solid composition of EQ and IQ.
- Strong financial / analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to interact directly with investors with minimum guidance.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple simultaneous work streams.
- Highest ethical standards and sound business judgment required.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a fully remote (work from home) position.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. aofund.org