Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the SVP – Service, Operations & IT Support, the Head of Cyber and Information Security is the most senior level role responsible for all information and cybersecurity aspects across Accion Opportunity Fund (AOF).
In this role, you will be responsible for the vision, strategy, and execution of AOF’s cyber, information security and compliance program. As such, you will develop and execute on intelligence-led security programs to protect and respond to cyber security threats (offensive and defensive). You will lead all aspects of setting strategies, maintaining effective risk management policies and practices, and managing internal and external (third-party) teams.
You will work closely with the business, its technology, and operations groups as well as partners and vendors to ensure policies, requirements and controls are planned, developed, and implemented. The role will assume an SME level expectation for security guidance, approvals, design, and integration of consistent security solutions across corporate and cloud environments.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the overall Cyber Security program to include maintaining a multi-year strategy/roadmap, obtaining key stakeholder sponsorship, establishing governance, and driving the repeatable delivery of outcomes.
- Ensure that the cyber and information security program remains continuously up to date to face both an ever-changing security threat landscape and evolving regulatory landscape.
- Operate, assess for risk, and mature key Cyber Security programs to include: Security Consulting/Architecture, Product Security, Networking, Security Operations Center, Detection Validation & Modeling, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Network Filtering, Data Security, Endpoint Security, Vulnerability Management, Application Security, and Identity & Access Management
- Set up the process for continual review of company's security posture, gaps assessment and defining, implementing, and monitoring a corrective action plan.
- Remain current and lead compliance with all federal and state cybersecurity regulatory requirements, including FDIC/FFIEC, GLBA, CISA, SHIELD Act, etc.
- Act as information security expert to all levels within the organization and across IT and business project teams to identify potential threats and offer solutions and technologies in support.
- Support assessments of critical security controls for the company’s datacenter and cloud-based applications and remediate security gaps.
- Work with teams across AOF to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitate and complete integration into the application environments.
- Support activities related to information security including RFI responses, contract negotiations or partner-led security assessments.
- Conduct on-boarding and due diligence analysis of potential vendors, service providers and partners.
- Internal audit and compliance testing, documentation, and follow-up.
- Prioritization, time management and strong communication skills are essential for this role.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- Proven experience in engaging with executive and board member committee’s such as the Audit Committee and Risk Committee as well as the Board of Directors. MUST be able to establish themselves as the credible SME when providing report outs on progress around InfoSec initiatives regularly.
- Extensive experience in architecting and engineering complex security solutions utilizing and interpreting models to implement company policies and standards globally.
- Ability to cultivate an Information Security culture within the organization.
- Conversant in cybersecurity, assurance, and audit standards/models/frameworks such as COSO, SOC 2, NIST CSF, etc.
- Broad technical security skills in multiple technology areas such as applications deployments, endpoints, data, infrastructure, cloud, DNS, encryption, authentication.
- Experience with securing cloud environments both public and private.
- Ability to develop and document methods, standards, and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5-10 years of experience in a purely information security role
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical, hands-on role (IT, network, development, etc.)
- CISSP, CISA, CISM certification (or similar) is desirable, although not a requirement.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a fully remote (work from home) position.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. aofund.org