Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small businesses owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Grants and Projects Finance Manager will have direct responsibility for the financial review of grants and projects, including preparing proposal budgets and financial reports, tracking accounts receivable and expenditures, assists in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, maintains the reporting database, and prepares monthly and ad hoc financial reports.
Grant Financial Management Essential Functions:
- Pre-award grant budget prep in coordination with Development team.
- Maintain the grant proposal budget models in Excel.
- Coordinate with Accounting and Budget manager to setup new grants in accounting system, reporting system, timesheet, and grant tracking tool.
- Prepare internal and external grant financial reports as requested by Development staff.
- Meet with program staff regularly to review their financials make sure of spending and releases schedules.
- Proactively review grant financial documents to ensure compliance with grant requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis
- Implement a rant and project reporting system and maintain it.
- Assist with the development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts (currently in Adaptive Planning) in coordination with Budget Manager, including preparing templates, working with staff to complete the templates, consolidating the budget, and developing reports.
- Prepare monthly actual and budget-to-actual reports.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analysis.
Project Management essential Functions
- Support departments with project portfolio monitoring and reporting.
- Analyze and monitor projects financials on monthly basis.
- Work closely with project managers and keep them informed on status and issues.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure timely and accurate coding and processing of payables.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- BA/BS degree in business is preferred, nonprofit financial management or accounting is required; five or more years of experience managing grants and nonprofit finances required.
- Experience with nonprofit fund grant accounting and management required.
- Budgeting experience preferred.
- Proficiency with accounting software (NetSuite), spreadsheets and budgeting systems (Adaptive Insights) is highly preferred.
- Experience working as part of a team delivering coordinated services highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- Up to 100% company-funded Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). Up to 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- 100% company-funded Life & Disability coverage.
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a 100% remote position.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. https://aofund.org/