ENTERPRISE PROJECT MANAGER
Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Director, PMO, Accion Opportunity Fund (AOF) is seeking an Enterprise Project Manager to join our growing organization. The Enterprise Project Manager will be responsible for managing cross-functional, high impact initiatives to meet AOF’s strategic goals.
Provides the direction for complex projects, processes and change management initiatives. This position works with peer management at all levels from the executive level through all departments to support business strategies, goals, objectives, and change integration initiatives.
This role must be able to work independently and demonstrate leadership in various situations including program and project management as well with external strategic partners. To be effective this position requires strong critical thinking and analytical skills, highly effective written, presentation and oral communications skills, an independent, consultative approach to building business relationships and recommending best courses of action, and the ability to gain commitment from parties with differing positions and opinions.
This position requires an established record of consistently delivering projects results on time and holding oneself, and others, accountable for deadlines.
You are a hands-on project manager type capable of engaging in executive level and department level discussions through the organization, create and manage project plans, accountable for milestones and overall communications to stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading and driving both IT and Non-IT programs and projects.
- Serve in a lead role to initiate, implement, manage, and communicate project plans for strategic initiatives and other enterprise projects.
- Translate strategies/policies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables including managing scope and budget.
- Provide leadership in the requirements gathering process (both business requirements and technical requirements). Assures appropriate integration between project sponsor, project team members, and business stakeholders to identify and address change management efforts.
- Work with other project teams and departments to execute a standard change management discipline while developing and manages project schedules and milestones.
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for projects/change initiatives.
- Communications, initiatives, and day-to-day operation activities along with project status reporting.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other groups and departments to support successful initiative change management and business transition management. Partners across the business units to develop transition plans, including ongoing success measures.
- Facilitate conflict mitigation and risk management.
- Responsible for communication plans, presentations, needs assessments, acceptance, and training plans. Work with managers and leaders for project team formation to ensure the organization is prepared for changes introduced via new projects.
- Experience successfully transitioning projects to mainstream business functions.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years experience as project or program management lead. e.g. Senior project manager or Program Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and experience
Project management skills including:
- Managing complex, cross-functional project plans
- Vendor Management
- PPM Tools (e.g. MS Project, Smartsheet, Asana, Planview)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a vision, build relationships and obtain buy-in
- Data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Negotiation and conflict management skills a must
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and group presentation skills
- Experience presenting dashboards to share status, opportunities, and risks to success criteria
Project (PMP) certification a plus
CSM Certified Scrum Master a plus
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance, and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
This is a fully remote (work from home) position.