Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Vice President of Compliance, the Compliance Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of the compliance program(s) for the organization.
Amongst other features of this role, the Compliance Specialist will be tasked with:
- Assisting in the monitoring of business activities for compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing a financial institution
- Ensuring that operational manuals are current
- Working to review, update and disseminate enterprise-level policies and procedures governing compliance with regulations governing a financial institution
- Assists in responding to regulatory agencies and helps to complete required compliance documentation
- Assisting in implementation and performance of internal due diligence reviews and audits across various business units; and,
- Assists the compliance team with other general duties and compliance projects as needed.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- A major in finance or business is a plus
- 3 years of relevant experience in law, ethics, organizational business, finance or statistical analysis
- This is a remote (work from home) position
- Must have high-speed internet
- Must have a dedicated workspace
A successful candidate is familiar with the compliance requirements of a regulated financial institution; someone who understands the importance of internal controls to ensure compliance with necessary laws and regulations; and an individual who adept at working with different business units and departments, employees, and managers in a professional manner.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance and Legal plans.
- Tax-deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a fully remote (work from home) position.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity