Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Impact, Accion Opportunity Fund (AOF) is seeking a Partnership Program Specialist to join our Business Advising team. The Partnership Program Specialist will be responsible for supporting a variety of national programs that give small business owners the tools they need to reach their goals. The hire will contribute to effective program execution; support campaigns that engage AOF’s funder and client audiences; and drive participation in our Business Advising programs. The ideal candidate has experience in relationship management, is familiar with various digital communications channels, is passionate about community and economic development, and enjoys working in a fast-paced work culture with ample opportunity to build and shape initiatives from the ground up. This person can be based anywhere in the U.S. with occasional domestic work travel required post-COVID.
- Support the execution of programs with national funding partners, including event coordination (virtual and/or in-person), consistent partner communication, and contributions to grant reports as needed.
- Collaborate with the team to set promotional strategies for various program offerings.
- Manage an internal program database that tracks client engagement.
- Contribute to content calendars and manage deliverable timelines across internal and external teams.
- Attend meetings with funding partners to align partnership priorities.
- Coordinate cause marketing initiatives with funding partners.
- Incorporate funding partners’ priorities into the team’s educational content strategy.
- Assist with content creation and promotion according to partner specifications.
qualified candidates will share AOF’s commitment to its mission and will embody
the organization’s core values. In addition, they will bring a broad range of
skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- BA/BS required and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate timelines and priorities across multiple stakeholders.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of digital analytics and insights.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, Canva, analytics for Facebook and Google.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, self-motivated, flexible, creative, comfortable with a fast-paced work culture.
- Commitment to community development and the organization’s mission of empowering underserved small business owners.
- Spanish bilingual preferred.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners Insurance, Pet Insurance, and Legal plans.
- Tax-deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a fully remote (work from home) position.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. https://aofund.org/