As a product engineer at Roger, you will be responsible for developing web applications as a member of an agile feature delivery team. Ability to contribute as a full-stack developer in both Laravel and React is preferred, but not necessarily required.
• Baseline knowledge of React, or similar framework.
• Baseline knowledge of Laravel, Symfony, or similar framework.
• Familiarity with dependency management tools such as Composer and NPM.
• Familiarity with current standards in continuous integration, unit and feature testing, and test-driven development.
• Comfortable with relational databases
• High energy & desire to succeed. Able to thrive in a remote work environment.
• Proficiency with Git Ideal Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science (software engineering emphasis preferred)
• Comfortable with both React and Laravel
• Able to write efficient and complex SQL queries (MySQL specifically preferred)
• Experience working in an agile delivery team
• Experience working with Docker as a local development tool.
• Development of web-based applications (potentially mobile embedded) using Docker as a local development environment, and Git for version control.
• Frontend development in React (as an SPA)
• Backend/API development in Laravel, most frequently working with MySQL as a database engine.
• Interaction with both internal, and external RESTful APIs.
• Participation in agile/scrum methodology, such as daily standups, backlog grooming/refinement, and retrospectives.
• Contributes to the code review process to ensure quality of code remains high.
• Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design, and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
• Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to develop and implement process improvements and controls to the foundations work streams to standardize processes, improving quality, and reduce risk.
Design and Problem Solving
• Solve increasingly complex problems through investigation and critical thinking.
• Potentially contributes and participates in the design process where applicable.
• Supports business planning, analysis, and reporting in support of goals and complex aspects of projects.