Priority Power develops and constructs utility-class private electrical infrastructure including transmission, substation, distribution, solar, storage, and microgrid projects. These projects support our large industrial and commercial customers in several markets, including but not limited to oil and gas, hyperscale data centers, crypto mining facilities, green hydrogen, and others.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead the development of distributed solar and storage projects in Texas and throughout the United States. This is a fast-paced and multi-faceted role interfacing with multiple internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of project development including commercial, financial, regulatory, and legal matters. Remaining flexible and resourceful in a constantly changing environment and creating clear definitions to allow timely completion of activities are important skills required. In this position, the Project Manager will drive and manage the development and preconstruction activities schedules, including acquiring land from customers or third parties, applying for and managing the local and utility interconnection process, obtaining all studies and environmental permits, directing initial engineering activities and managing all key project relationships.
Preferably, this position will be based in Priority Power’s Arlington, Texas, or Carrolton, Texas office, and will be expected to travel approximately 10% of the time to other Priority Power offices, customer meetings, and project site visits.
- Drive and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assess and undertake due diligence on potential solar and storage projects and project sites.
- Work with existing customers to determine and provide direction on their requirements, including developing a business case for each project.
- Work with the internal financial team in the development of financial models in support of the project business case.
- Understand tax and incentives applicable to projects to ensure compliance and inclusion in financial models.
- Determine site locations and acquire the use of land through procurement or lease arrangements.
- Understand and submit local and utility electrical interconnection requirements compliant with utility and RTO (Regional Transmission Organization) requirements.
- Determine and acquire all environmental permits and permissions required for the execution of the project.
- Work with in-house and external engineers in the development of efficient and optimized designs compliant with interconnection and permitting requirements.
- Work with external and internal legal counsel in the development, negotiation, and execution of agreements with stakeholders and other third parties.
- Develop cost estimates with increasing levels of accuracy with input from the project execution team and vendors.
- Work with project controls in the management and forecasting of cost and revenue through the development process.
- Develop and use project schedules with increasing levels of detail as a project develops to drive the project and report on progress.
- Work with the internal finance team and third parties in support of financing projects.
- Report to executive management on project performance including; risk opportunity and constraints throughout the development phase.
- Minimum of 3 years managing the development of multiple solar energy projects.
- Demonstrated success in developing solar PV projects through the full project development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in navigating site development activities including; utility interconnection, permitting, land and easement acquisition, environmental studies and permitting, pre-construction, and construction activities.
- Familiarity with energy storage and solar technologies and related electrical equipment including vendors, products, technical specifications, utility and commercial standards, and applicable codes.
- Ability to read contracts and extract key milestone dates for project deliverables.
- Skilled at negotiating all types of agreements associated with the development of solar and storage projects.
- Experience organizing and maintaining a project data room with key documents and constant changes.
- Financial planning, budgeting, organizational, and resource management abilities.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks with the ability to timely achieve goals, and effectively manage a variety of project stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability in analytical problem-solving and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional, multi-departmental teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project).
- Experience in using Project Management software such as Procore
Arlington, Texas or