At Priority Power, we pride ourselves on leading the energy transition with innovative, client-focused solutions built upon integrity, trust, and transparency. The driving force behind our success is the presence of skilled and dedicated team members. We are searching for a highly skilled senior project manager to contribute to our rapid growth and help us expand our position as an innovative market leader. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multi-disciplinary projects as well as strong work plan development and progress oversight skills. The project manager will be expected to prepare and communicate progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis, ensuring the results and innovation we seek are being achieved. The project manager will also work with business subject matter experts to understand, document and scope new development work for IT projects. A successful candidate will have experience with the delivery of software development and IT projects. This position is based in The Woodlands, TX office with remote work flexibility, reporting to the PMO office but the role will be cross-functional in nature.
Role Responsibilities and Objectives
· Lead various projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
· Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments.
· Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure adherence to requirements.
· Establish and maintain relationships with functional leads and other internal stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
· Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects.
· Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources—including third-party vendors.
· Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
· Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating and resolving issues as necessary based on project work plans.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business or other applicable field of study
· Ability to develop SQL queries or scripts a plus
· Experience in developing test scripts a plus
· Experience using Jira, TFS or other development task software
· PMP or similar certifications
· History of successful project management experience, SCRUM, business analysis, particularly in high-growth entrepreneurial companies.
· Private equity-backed portfolio company, public company and IPO experience is a plus.
· Energy markets (power, natural gas, renewables, solar, utilities, oil and gas) experience is a plus.
· Proven ability to successfully lead cross-functional project teams across all levels of management.
• Track record of leading successful IT and software development projects.
• Demonstrated track record of change management skills, passionate for collaboratively solving problems.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly driven self-starter; takes initiative and works effectively with minimal direction required.
• Motivated by rapid development cycles and change; flexible and focused in the face of uncertainty.
• Excellent organization, communication (written/verbal), presentation, interpersonal and customer-oriented skills.
• Experience developing and refining effective internal processes and procedures.
Expertise with LucidChart, Microsoft Office suite to document and diagram requirements.