The Manager of Financial Systems is a highly visible role that oversees and supports the corporate financial business systems providing accurate and timely consolidated reporting of financial and other commercial data. The role serves as subject expert and leads administration and management of the multiple applications and associated processes. The role applies a mix of analytical, functional, and technical skills to develop and implement innovative solutions that further continuous process improvement and adoption of best practices. This role will report to the CTO with a dotted line to the CFO to ensure the proper balance of IT controls with strong collaboration and prioritization with Finance.
The ideal candidate should have a strong financial systems background with experience managing multiple applications including ERP (Oracle NetSuite), CPM (OneStream or like Planning tools) and finance system optimization at an Enterprise level. Preferred candidates will have experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools and has experience with these data integrations. This candidate should have experience leading projects, be familiar with financial process best practices, be comfortable communicating with and presenting to all levels and have a demonstrated ability to develop relationships and strategic partnerships.
· Take ownership as the systems administrator and subject matter expert for all financial systems, including development and oversight of the policies and processes leveraging these applications.
· Responsible for the controls related to the creation, review, maintenance, preservation and audit of all data within the financial system(s); including project and account additions, organization and structure changes, and systems roles and accesses
· Strategize, plan, and execute modifications to existing configurations for core financial and business systems including NetSuite, Salesforce, OneStream, ProCore, Expensify and CorpTax
· Lead integration and administration of the Finance and Accounting technology systems, partnering with local and corporate Finance, Project leadership, and HR to deliver world-class systems integrations and reporting of financial and managerial data
· Develop and maintain strong relationships between Accounting, Finance, IT, Operations, and Business Intelligence teams to collaboratively understand and solve problems
· Provide operational support to the finance and accounting team throughout the fiscal year, especially during the monthly close, budget/forecast and audit cycles
· Support the development, deployment and maintenance of financial reports and dashboards including the collection of end user requirements and building reports to their specification in compliance with management approvals and controls
· Support financial system user communities by developing enterprise-wide training, communications, and presentations to increase proficiency levels and manage change
· Support corporate financial business system audits and SOX compliance requirements.
· Proactively analyze applications to identify integration opportunities, process/configuration optimization, or master data management enhancements, etc.
· Liaise with software application vendors, manage 3rd party support, and oversee escalation and closure of any system bugs or issues
· Implement enhancements with minimal use of external resources, when possible.
· Serve as a technical advisor to the executive team for strategic planning purposes, specifically in financial system deployment, automation, and harmonization across multiple lines of business and entities
· Partner with Business Intelligence teams to automate reporting environments to enable self-service review of financials, key performance metrics, or other key data points
· Drive centralized and standard finance processes
· Prepare ad-hoc analysis at the request of the CFO or CTO
Required Job Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, MIS, CIS, or related field
· 4+ years of progressive experience in financial systems management or systems consulting with mid to large companies and focused on enterprise applications
· Experience with core SAAS financial tools, or similar applications:
o Oracle NetSuite (primary accounting system of record)
o ProCore (construction project management and invoice system)
o Salesforce (customer relationship management tool, contract storage)
o OneStream (consolidation, intercompany, reporting, planning, task management) or similar applications such as Hyperion
· Demonstrated leadership within transformative projects for finance and/or cross-functional organizations implementing improvements for financial reporting, forecasting, and controls
· Experience implementing or following IT controls to meet SOC, SASB requirements
· Strong project management and analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
· Ability to influence cross-functional teams and collaboratively solve problems
· Ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Job Skills & Qualifications:
· Integration platform and/or REST API connection experience (i.e., Dell Boomi, NetSuite Direct Connect, Custom API construction)
· Low code business intelligence software experience (i.e., Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx)
· Reasonable understanding of accounting and finance principles (US GAAP)