Parasoft is the leading provider of Service Virtualization, Development Testing and Cloud/API Testing solutions. We are a dynamic company with a strong vision, great people and leading-edge technology. Parasoft fills a critical and rapidly expanding role in a world where IT organizations demand velocity and quality in the software they release to customers.
Parasoft has an exciting opportunity for a Solution / Sales Engineer. As members of our Field Sales team, Solution Engineers act as the key technical advisor and product specialist for our customers and prospects. Working closely with your field sales counterpart, you will help accelerate the closing of strategic deals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with customers and prospects to understand business and technical requirements.
- Educate customers on current IT trends and where Parasoft can address challenges.
- Solve technical issues through creative solutions. Resolve pain points through implementation of best practices and by being a trusted advisor. Get the technical win.
- Maximize Parasoft customer value realization.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and the Parasoft community to evolve our solutions & messaging.
- Drive and manage the demonstration, Proof of Concept (PoC) and evaluation stages of the sales cycle, developing a strong and lasting relationship with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent field
- 3+ years’ experience in SOA and virtualization technologies with a technical selling or consultative perspective
- Strong skills in messaging technologies (SOA, microservices architectures, transport protocols and message formats, message brokers, synchronous/asynchronous patterns) such as: REST, Swagger/OpenAPI, SOAP, WSDL, HTTP/HTTPS, RabbitMQ/AMQP, Kafka, IBM MQ, JMS
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role (i.e. consulting, pre-sales, technical support, service delivery, and/or account management)
- Experienced in Windows; Unix and/or Linux experience is a plus
- Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Helm, or OpenShift experience is a plus
- AWS (EC2, ECS, ECR, EKS) and Azure experience is a plus
- Experience deploying application servers using Apache Tomcat is a plus
- Responsible and self-motivated. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Willingness to assume responsibility and see projects through to successful conclusion
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail necessary to address the details of systems implementation for customers while maintaining a big picture view of the customer goals
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and processes, such as: Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub, GitLab, Team City, Bamboo
- Understanding of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience with Parasoft SOAtest, Parasoft Virtualize, CTP, DTP, or key competitors a plus
- Ability to travel approximately ~40%.
For over 30 years Parasoft has been committed to creating quality software. We strive to extend that vision into creating a quality work environment. This first and foremost with hiring the best in our industry; building a team of top-notch professionals and an environment where every individual will contribute to the processes, decisions, culture, and future of our company.
The health, welfare, and future of our employees and their families are imperative. We offer an expansive benefits package that features a multitude of insurance coverage choices, including health, vision, dental, life, and disability. To expand your future, we provide education assistance, retirement services, adoption assistance, professional development, and training. A competitive salary, generous compensation plans, and comprehensive Paid Time Off program with scheduled paid holidays throughout the year help you balance work and play.
Parasoft Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Only those candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Parasoft Corporation does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Parasoft employee. Parasoft will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Parasoft and will be processed accordingly.