Tech Service Technician
· Proficient in pulling, terminating, and splicing cables, troubleshooting, use of Fluke testers, installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, cable trays, building ladder racks, following industry standards, coordinating with contractors, reading blueprints.
· Pull and install of the horizontal cable (cat5e, cat6, cat6a, coax, fiber optic, security, and AV wire).
· Have working knowledge of Systems cable and wire termination using industry standards, equipment and color codes (cat5e, cat6, cat6a, coax, fiber optic). Including labeling of work station faceplates and cables.
· Must be able to understand all project requirements, specifications, and scope of work to completely install a project as per the required documentation. .
· Must have excellent project planning skills to ensure proper material, labor, tools and resources are available and on-site for the project team in order to complete the project efficiently.
· Must have excellent communication skills with team members, management, and the customer
· Responsible for all project documentation and closeout procedures, test results, as-built drawings and warranty submissions.
· Testing of the horizontal cable and backbone cable including Fiber and Coax.
· Pulling of copper riser and or fiber riser backbone cabling.
· Assists in the build out of communications closets
· Installation of associated pathways. Including, but not limited to: installing ladder rack, basket tray, J-hooks, Beam clamps and or D-rings.
· Helps in the pulling and installation of security and AV cabling.
· Possible attendance of jobsite subcontractor meetings.
· Must understand and follow company and job site safety rules and procedures.
Some projects are in occupied buildings and a professional attitude and appearance is required
· Do daily job site clean-up.
The qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
· Professionally communicates with customers on project status and maintains professional appearance
· Attention to detail and takes ownership of work.
· Excellent driving record.
· Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing results in a timely manner.
· Although the majority of the company’s work will be in the greater Denver Metro area, some travel could be required from time to time. Although is it not the norm, technician must be able to work evenings and weekends as required. Must be able to lift 60lbs. and feel comfortable working on tall ladders or a lift up to 25-30 feet.
Additional Qualifications and Capabilities:
· Physical: The technician must be able to lift and carry frequently 60lbs, and occasionally 100 lbs. The technician must also be able to bend, kneel, crawl, walk, lift, carry and climb as needed to complete tasks.
· Use of Tools: Tools of the trade are required by Interface. The technician must maintain his/her own tools as described on the Employee Tool List. The technician must be proficient.