Consider Joining Our Growing Team!
User Experience Designer
Green River is looking for someone to help us craft effective software solutions: The User Experience Designer will work with our UX design, visual design, and engineering teams to develop highly usable software based on the needs of users. We especially seek candidates committed to public health, school improvement, environmental protection, and social justice.
The User Experience Designer will:
- Create wireframes and prototypes of user interface screens for use in team collaboration on feasibility, support of previously identified goals, effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction.
- Design usable and functional workflows.
- Design tools and visualizations to effectively communicate data-driven content.
- Execute quantitative and qualitative user research to identify areas for improvement and further investigation.
A successful candidate will have experience in:
- Creating wireframes, mock-ups, and data visualizations.
- Designing for accessibility.
- Creating design systems or pattern libraries.
- Integrating design into agile or lean product development processes.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and engineers to define business problems and prototype solutions.
- Distributed collaboration, including remote ideation on UX design.
Applicants should have 1-3+ years professional experience in a software-related UX/UI role.
Incorporated in 2000, Green River is a custom web application development firm with a strong engineering focus and dedication to “software and analytics for a better world.” Our projects entail developing complex, scalable algorithms and well-designed, responsive user interfaces. Our current clients include Starbucks (C.A.F.E. Practices ethical sourcing verification program), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the City of Boston, the State of Delaware, World Resources Institute, Reach Out and Read, and many other domestic and international non-profit organizations. We believe in our clients’ work and are committed to being good partners in their success.
We offer a competitive salary, fully remote work options, health insurance coverage, five weeks paid time off, and retirement benefits.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé, including links to recent work and a description of your role in that work.
Green River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with our beliefs and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Green River will not discriminate against job candidates, employees, or clients based on race, creed, color, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.