It’s an exciting time to join us!
The Andelyn Biosciences’ Plasmid group is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team as a Scientist I - Plasmid Production Core.
The primary responsibility for the Scientist I - Plasmid Production Core role is to
Schedule: Full-time (Benefits Eligible)
Location: Central Campus
575 Children's Crossroads
Columbus, OH 43205
Under the guidance and direction of the GMP Manager - Plasmids essential functions of the Scientist I - Plasmid Production Core include at a minimum:
- Responsible for assisting in the support of the production of plasmids used for basic research and toxicology studies.
- Additional responsibilities include coordinating and preparation of critical solutions used in the production of plasmids for research studies.
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for cellular and gene therapy products.
- Attention to detail in all job functions.
- Performs in accordance with established policies, procedures, and techniques and requires training common experience or working knowledge related to the tasks performed.
- Identifies problems and performs tasks as assigned.
- Work under general supervision of senior staff and leadership.
- Works in diverse and collaborative team environment utilizing clear communication to deliver high productivity and contributes to the success of team and goals.
- Documentation of all activities performed according to Operating Procedures (OPs).
- Nominal fiscal responsibility.
- Exercise discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Maintain positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Relevant four-year degree experience in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field preferred.
- No minimum experience.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in highly regulated field preferred
- Skills in operating a personal computer, and word processor
- Must be familiar with various software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of large-scale plasmid production.
- Experience using bioreactors.
- GMP-experienced individual.
- Experience in highly regulated field.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Sitting (0-66%)
- Walking/Standing/Stooping (100%)
- Independently lifting up to 50 pounds (33-66%)
- Talking on phone or in person (0-33%)
- Typing on a computer keyboard (100%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Andelyn Biosciences is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Andelyn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Andelyn Biosciences is currently operating under Executive Order 14042 that requires that employees of federal contractors and its affiliates be vaccinated against COVID-19, with some limited exemptions under the law. As Andelyn is both an affiliate and will be a federal contractor, proof of vaccination status will be required prior to first date of employment. Religious and medical exemptions may be considered depending upon the specific job duties and in accordance with applicable federal guidelines.