It is an exciting time to join us!
Client Account management including reviewing and reconciling accounts, and working with the Commercial Business Team on business goals. This role will report directly to the Associate Director of Contracts and Client Development of Andelyn Biosciences and will be a critical role to the team to aligned with the overall company strategy. This role will participate in the weekly and monthly mechanisms as it relates to forecasting and understanding the opportunities for our sales pipeline. It requires a highly consultative sales and business development approach, a strategic mindset, as well as a commitment to high levels of execution of an aggressive growth plan for the company. This role will work with the Program Management Team for account management of Client invoicing and sales.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- You will work closely with the VP of Sales & CCO and other members of the Senior Management Team to drive sales & business development efforts based on the overall commercial strategy; the singular goal is to drive maximum utilization and revenue for this newly established growth business with the goal of filling to 75% capacity within 4 quarters. You will report to the AD of Contracts and Client Development.
- Develop business analyses to support sales pipeline valuation and evaluate the impact of changes in customer and competitive landscape.
- Work with Operations and Finance teams to identify strategic opportunities, financing, and/or organizational gaps for the Gene Therapy business segment and develop plans for how to best address these gaps to increase value and capabilities for the CDMO.
- Cultivate a strong and effective cross-functional partnership with the Operations, Quality and Analytical, Project Management, and Finance teams to build the story supporting partnering opportunities for Gene Therapy tied to commercial opportunities with companies.
- Support development of commercial and competitive strategy.
- Lead regular presentations on business development opportunities, pipeline, competitive analysis, market trends, observations, and others in various company forums as it relates to Gene Therapy.
- Manage clients, QBRs, be adept at presenting to both small and large audiences
- Exercise discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Attention to detail in all job functions
- Performs following established policies, procedures, and techniques and requires training common experience, or working knowledge related to the tasks performed
- Identifies problems and proposes solutions. Performs tasks as assigned by leadership
- Ability to work with some independence based on applicable experience
- Works in a diverse and collaborative team environment utilizing clear communication to deliver high productivity and contributes to the success of the team and goals
- Documentation of all activities performed according to SOPs
- Make decisions based on established procedures
- Nominal fiscal responsibility
- May require some travel
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or significant exposure to CDMO sales
- Have spent time in Gene Therapy and/or Biopharma on the sell-side of business development. (Preferred)
- Is adept in working in a fast-paced environment, and also has the experience to use the process and continuous process improvement.
- Lead Nurturing: Develops customized nurturing strategies and tailored value propositions to showcase our differentiators and maximize potential up & cross-selling opportunities, nurtures leads until they are sales-ready; engages at multiple levels and understands the long-term potential, needs, and timelines: demonstration of technical capability through data-centric approach, technical engagement and facilitates site visits for advanced client discussions and /or due diligence purposes.
- Have held cross-functional leadership roles with results linked to conflict/issue resolution, time-critical project management, negotiation, consensus-building, and financial accountability
- Ideally fluent in both the Drug Substance/Drug Product market AND the Gene Therapy development processes and have prior exposure to commercialization of both in the CDMO service market. (Preferred)
- Interpersonal and organizational communication skills are excellent; you are effective at communication at all organizational levels
- Have a track record demonstrating your success working in a matrix and indirect leadership roles
- Analytical, challenge-focused, and have a value creation mindset with a bias toward action
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and dive deep into operational issues that may inform strategic thinking, without compromising functional integrity
- Extensive experience with deal modeling and deal valuation
- Integrity always
- Resilient, highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and love details
- A driver, will not stop until the job is done, and set the goals high for yourself and achieve higher than expectations
- Can delegate, hold other functions accountable, can escalate as needed, and not be distracted from your primary job scope of rapidly growing the business segment
- Willing to roll up the sleeves both strategically and tactically
- Understanding of sales performance metrics and utilizing these to increase efficiencies.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software and commitment to utilize this system (Salesforce)
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and adjust as priorities change
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) including data interpretation and reporting
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Must possess a client-focused mindset in daily tasks
- Must possess prior experience handling confidential information and the ability to maintain confidentiality
Minimum Physical Requirements
· Frequently sitting/remaining in a seated position
· Occasionally standing or walking
· Occasionally independently lifting up to 50 pounds
· Frequently talking on the phone or in-person
· Frequently keyboarding
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Andelyn Biosciences is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Andelyn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
Andelyn Biosciences is currently operating under Executive Order 14042 that requires that employees of federal contractors and its affiliates be vaccinated against COVID-19, with some limited exemptions under the law. As Andelyn is both an affiliate and will be a federal contractor, proof of vaccination status will be required prior to first date of employment. Religious and medical exemptions may be considered depending upon the specific job duties and in accordance with applicable federal guidelines.