It’s an exciting time to join us!
The Andelyn Biosciences’ Analytical Development group is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing team as a Scientist I – Analytical Development.
The Scientist I – Analytical Development will be responsible for
Schedule: Full-time (Benefits Eligible)
Location: Central Campus
575 Children's Crossroads
Columbus, OH 43205
Under the guidance and direction of the Associate Director – Analytical Development essential functions of the Scientist I – Analytical Development include at a minimum:
- Operate within the Quality Management System applicable to the manufacture of phase appropriate material in the CMF.
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for cellular and gene therapy products.
- Attention to detail in all job functions.
- Performs in accordance with established policies, procedures, and techniques and requires training common experience or working knowledge related to the tasks performed.
- Identifies problems and performs tasks as assigned.
- Work under general supervision of senior staff and leadership.
- Works in diverse and collaborative team environment utilizing clear communication to deliver high productivity and contributes to the success of team and goals.
- Documentation of all activities performed according to SOPs.
- Make decisions based on established procedures.
- Nominal fiscal responsibility.
- Exercise discretion, judgment and personal responsibility.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity in all aspects of the position.
- Maintain positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Relevant four-year degree OR relevant Masters OR relevant PhD
- No minimum experience
- Experience in highly regulated field preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Skills in operating a personal computer, and word processor. Must be familiar with various software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with highly confidential materials.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Sitting for extended periods Constantly (67-100%)
- Talking on the phone/in person Constantly (67-100%)
- Typing on a computer keyboard Constantly (67-100%)
- Standing/walking Occasionally (0-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Andelyn Biosciences is currently operating under Executive Order 14042 that requires that employees of federal contractors and its affiliates be vaccinated against COVID-19, with some limited exemptions under the law. As Andelyn is both an affiliate and will be a federal contractor, proof of vaccination status will be required prior to first date of employment. Religious and medical exemptions may be considered depending upon the specific job duties and in accordance with applicable federal guidelines.