WHIN Music Community Charter School is the first school of its kind! Built on the principles of El Sistema, WHIN is a place where children learn, grow, and make music together. At WHIN, we are building a nucleo, a community where staff, families, and students work together to make a powerful shift in public education that puts learners’ needs first.
Our Mission: To provide our diverse student population with rigorous academic instruction, intensive music education and a positive learning environment so that every student can thrive academically and personally.
• that all children deserve a high-quality education, with access to academic rigor, music creation, and a holistic approach to developing character.
• that a collaboration with families ensures the greatest success for our learners.
• that restorative justice, inquiry-based hands on learning, and authentic learning experiences provide the most effective environments for growth, success, and joy.
We are looking for a Data Manager who is...
• looking to grow and prosper in a collaborative work environment.
• excited about working in a school and neighborhood where diversity is central.
• mission aligned and believe that music can be a vehicle for social inclusion and achievement.
In action, our mission looks like caring deeply about all aspects of our young learners’ potential. We make academics a priority while also ensuring students’ character and personal growth. With music at our core, students experience working together to create something bigger than their individual skills every single day, and this approach extends to ourooms where project-based, hands on learning cultivates curious, creative, and hardworking learners.
WHIN is currently seeking a high performing Data Manager who is ready to help grow a unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.
Specifically, a Data Manager at WHIN is responsible for:
• Manage school-wide data systems, student digital programs, and information systems efficiently.
• Provide administrators with weekly data reports including attendance, academic, and other data in a clear, concise, timely, and accurate manner
• Manage and improve data tools and dashboards for the school and external facing NYSED and DOE audiences. These tools will drive internal decision-making, professional development, and insight into student and staff performance, and ensure smooth program operations.
• Collaborate with the Development Manager, Operations team and external partners and clients to ensure timely reporting for accountability, development, and oversight purposes
• Assist in key data collection and management processes, including enrollment verification and updates
• Maintain data accuracy and completeness across systems of record (primarily School Runner)
• Develop and maintain documentation for data collection, management, and integration processes.
• Create trackers with data validation, conditional formatting, and pivot tables for the data team to track completion of short- and long-term projects
• Provide technical assistance and create training documents for school-based staff on student information systems
• Address areas of need in use of academic data, analytical tools, and rigorous analyses to improve programmatic outcomes
• Build positive relationships with stakeholders in order to encourage their questions and surface opportunities to provide support
• Commitment to WHIN Community’s Core Values
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Growth mindset and ability to quickly learn new systems
• Maturity of judgment, high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail, when managing various data driven projects
• Highly organized and strong attention to detail • Intermediate in Excel (experience using basic formulas, vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
• Experience with statistical software, data visualization, and/or programming languages (e.g., Tableau, Python) a plus
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee may must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits: WHIN Music Community Charter School offers a competitive salary and benefits, fun and professional working environment, as well as ongoing development opportunities.
EEO Policy: WHIN Music Community Charter School is an equal rights and opportunity agency and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry, marital status, or any other legally protected classification in its activities, educational programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, IX, and Section 504.