Panzura transforms cloud storage into a global file system, allowing enterprises to use the cloud as a high performance, globally available data center. Its hybrid cloud technology is focused on user data management and offers a global file system, data consolidation, data security and protection against ransomware. Companies all around the world in the sports, healthcare, financial services, media and entertainment, gaming, architectural, engineering and construction industries, as well as government agencies use Panzura’s fabric to manage hundreds of petabytes of data in the cloud. Panzura’s success is built on developing strong partnerships and building unique value propositions together with our partners that will drive business forward and shape the future as the leader in Hybrid Cloud Solutions.
Title: Corporate Controller Employment
Type: Regular Full-time
Reports to: CFO
Location: San Jose, CA or greater San Francisco Bay Area
Job Summary: The Corporate Controller will be a key member of Panzura’s finance leadership team and partner to the CFO and executive leadership team. You will report to the CFO and be a strategic and operational business partner who ensures the timely and accurate delivery of financial and statutory reporting requirements including monthly, quarterly and annual financials, bank reporting, and annual audits. You will also develop effective financial reporting processes, accounting systems, and internal controls to ensure the financial integrity of reported results for the business. This position is based in San Jose or the greater San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
Accounting & controls
- Manage all areas of accounting, both technical and transactional, including revenue (ASC606), consolidations, international accounting, tax accounting, monthly close, and M&A integration.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely interpretation of GAAP accounting standards and adoptions.
- Lead the Company’s financial close process, including preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis.
- Continually evaluate opportunities to drive greater efficiencies and effectiveness in the monthly and quarterly accounting close process.
- Ensure compliance with all GAAP, FASB rules and regulations in addition to state, local and corporate policies, regulations, and laws.
Audit and compliance
- Manage planning and execution of the annual financial audit.
- Responsible and leverage external subject matter expert/services as needed for 401(K), Sales audits, tax return filings, and insurance policies to ensure timely and proper filings and compliance
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CFO and other senior leaders on accounting, financial reporting, and other key accounting and controls matters.
- Serves as a key partner to the CEO and CFO on strategic business initiative discussions by understanding and communicating the accounting and financial implications of various growth strategies and transactions.
- Proactively seek to improve processes and implement best-in-class solutions for scale and maturity. Board and investor reporting
- Partner closely with FP&A, SaaS Strategic Finance, and CFO on monthly investor reporting and quarterly board package preparation.
Business partnership and execution
- Intelligent, agile, pragmatic and quick-thinking with an attention to detail and a focus on efficient, sustained accuracy
- Leader by example in developing, motivating, recruiting, and retaining a highly effective
- Develop and manage a high-performing team that supports the organization.
- Inspire change and collaboration among a diverse and distributed team. Encourage the sharing of best practices and insights across all members of the team. Continuously develop and coach the team members.
- Deliver world-class business partnership with multiple executives and their teams within our organization.
- Strong communicator and experienced in building partnerships with senior leadership teams regarding important accounting implications to business decisions.
- Drive continuous improvement in KPIs.
- Collaborate with SaaS Strategic Finance and Corporate Accounting to support acquisition target analyses, financial due diligence, and integration.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience at hyper-growth SaaS software companies with ARR > $150 million.
- CPA from a Big Four Public Accounting firm.
- Current experience as a Corporate Controller with ASC606 revenue recognition experience and M&A accounting is required.
- Team player willing to “roll up their sleeves,” self-motivated, proactive, and organized, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to influence decision-making at the executive level and align incentives across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize business needs, adapt to rapid business changes, meet tight deadlines, and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Experience leading and developing high caliber teams.
- Proficiency working with various systems and automated reporting tools such as ERP, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related quantitative field.
Panzura is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability, and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.