Panzura transforms cloud storage into a global file system, allowing enterprises to use the cloud as a high performance, globally available data center. Its hybrid cloud technology is focused on user data management and offers a global file system, data consolidation, data security and protection against ransomware. Companies all around the world in the sports, healthcare, financial services, media and entertainment, gaming, and architectural, engineering and construction industries, as well as government agencies use Panzura’s fabric to manage hundreds of petabytes of data in the cloud. Panzura’s success is built on developing strong partnerships and building unique value propositions together with our partners that will drive business forward and shape the future as the leader in Hybrid Cloud Solutions.
Title: Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Reports to: CFO
Location: San Jose, CA or greater San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for a Finance leader to build Panzura’s FP&A team and work cross-functionally to drive outcomes and growth for the company.
In this role, you will lead the company’s financial planning processes, performing financial analyses across the company, and providing financial guidance for functional leaders to maximize the impact of spending and strategic investing to accelerate our business growth.
You will also drive strategic priorities with the leadership team, in close partnership with the functional business leaders, the CFO, and CEO to operationalize the company’s strategic and financial goals. If you have a strong background in SaaS GTM – Sales and Services, thrive in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment, and are ready to be part of the team to help create a new category and make a significant impact at the company, you will not want to miss this opportunity.
This position is based in San Jose or the greater San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
Financial planning & analysis
- Responsibilities include all facets of planning, forecasting and analysis, including bookings to revenue, financial and operational plan details, monthly and quarterly forecasting, long-range strategic planning, cash flow projections, and capital allocation, while driving thought leadership and best practices.
- Maintain financial models and forecasts to ensure the company’s continued financial strength by advising on growth levers, hiring and spending decisions, and strategic projects.
- Partner with the executive leadership team to ensure the company is investing in the right areas and opportunities to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Develop and review financial and operating plans; evaluate business performance relative to goals.
- Develop programs and processes for tracking budget management and business performance metrics relative to the expectations of executive leaders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, build collective consensus, and negotiate cross-functionally with a genuine give-and-take approach, where parties act as true peers and mutual advisors to successfully develop effective metrics and make sound decisions.
- Partner with stakeholders to achieve SaaS KPIs.
- Serve as a business partner to the CFO and executive leadership team on a wide range of financial, strategic, operational, and organizational objectives
- Provide financial and business decision support, helping evaluate and develop new growth opportunities; make recommendations and have a bias towards appropriate action.
- Help drive best practices, external benchmarking, and the SaaS business framework for driving growth to scale effectively.
Board and investor reporting
- Partner closely with CEO and CFO on internal and external communications and company positioning.
- Drive and assist in monthly investor reporting and quarterly board package preparation and process.
- Measure and report SaaS metrics weekly and monthly using Power BI
Business partnership and execution
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, recruiting, and retaining a highly effective finance team. Develop and manage a high-performing team that supports the organization.
- Inspire change and collaboration among a diverse and distributed team. Encourage sharing of best practices and insights across all members of the team. Continuously develop and coach the team.
- Deliver world-class business partnership to multiple executives and their teams within our organization.
- Work closely with our Executive Leadership Team on an ongoing basis to help evolve the overall strategy.
- Drive continuous improvement of KPIs.
- Collaborate with SaaS Strategic Finance and Corporate Accounting to support acquisition target analyses and financial due diligence.
- 12+ years of progressive leadership experience at hyper-growth SaaS software companies with ARR > $150 million.
- Work experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate finance.
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills, successfully applying these skills in corporate finance and FP&A leadership roles.
- Team player willing to “roll up their sleeves,” self-motivated, proactive, and organized, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to influence decision-making at the executive level and align incentives across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize business needs, adapt to rapid business changes, meet tight deadlines, and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Experience in leading and developing high caliber teams.
- Proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools such as ERP and planning systems, analytics solutions such as Power BI, and Google Suite (Google slides).
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or related quantitative field
- CFA credential is a plus.
Panzura is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability, and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.