Panzura replaces legacy storage with a modern approach to unstructured data, empowering organizations with a high performance, high intelligence environment, globally.. Companies all around the world in the sports, healthcare, financial services, media and entertainment, gaming, and architectural, engineering and construction industries, as well as government agencies use Panzura to manage hundreds of petabytes of data in the cloud. Visit panzura.com for more and follow Panzura on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
The GCP Cloud Engineer assists with leading the cloud operations efforts of Panzura Engineering teams and plays a critical role in the delivery of secure, scalable services and products for Panzura. The successful candidate has proven experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) on a wide variety of GCP projects including but not limited to infrastructure migration, containerization and overall cloud operations. This GCP Engineer will play a pivotal role in designing the next generation Cloud platform that we will be consumed by all Panzura Engineering and other development teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Working with engineering teams on a wide variety of GCP projects including but not limited to Compute, Storage, Networking and IAM
● Writing infrastructure as code to publish infrastructure templates(Google Deployment Manager, Terraform)
● Working on Kubernetes architecture and proposing right sizing of GCP resources
● Migrating On-Premise Compute workload to GCP
● GCP environment troubleshooting and setup
● Meeting SLAs and managing communication in case of issues
● Configuring and maintaining backup, monitoring, and alerting of critical GCP services utilized by Panzura
● Linux/Windows administration and scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python)
● GCP cloud architecture and IAM
● Delivering quality work in agile delivery model in a team environment
● 3+ years of experience building resilient, highly available and scalable cloud native platforms and solutions
● Proven experience with GCP IAM, Storage, Compute and Networking services
● 2+ years working with GCP services (VPC Networking, GKE, Compute, Storage, etc.)
● Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
● Working knowledge on IaC and Config Management tools like Terraform, DSC and/or Ansible
● Comfortable interacting with Engineering leadership and able to communicate effectively
● GCP certification
Panzura is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability, and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.