Who are we? We are professional and agile. MTI is a technology innovator working to enhance customer interactions with major brands across the globe. Through our hardware and software solutions, we elevate the customer experience, enhance security and business operations, and improve employee satisfaction.
What are we looking for? As a Retail Technician for MTI, you will install, troubleshoot, merchandise, and maintain, interactive consumer electronic displays and devices within retail locations. In addition, MTI manufactures our own fleet of security components for consumer electronics. Retail Electronics Technicians across the country install and maintain them in locations such as AT&T, T-Mobile, and other major retail establishments.
Apply today - hired tomorrow - start training next week!
Text “MTI” to 888.522.8979 from your mobile device to receive text notifications when MTI post new roles.
This is a Part-Time position that offers:
- Flexible hours
- W2 position with bi-weekly pay
- Paid training
- Paid drive time AND mileage
Who are we looking for? Candidates should possess a combination of technical skills, customer service abilities, and experience working with consumer electronics either in a retail location or at home. You’re going to be around people and representing MTI, you have to be professional.
Here are some backgrounds that would fit this role:
- Electronics Technicians: Individuals with a background in electronics repair and troubleshooting.
- Retail Display Technicians: Professionals experienced in setting up and maintaining displays.
- Field Service Technicians: Individuals with experience in field service and on-site maintenance.
- IT Technicians: Candidates with a background in information technology
- Security Systems Technicians: Professionals with expertise in installing and maintaining security components.
- Home Improvement enthusiasts: You’ve put TVs on the wall? You got this.
- Factory workers: We know how much you actually do.
- Warehouse Workers: We know how much you fix in a week.
- Fast Food Employees: We know what really goes on back there.
Responsibilities: Our Retail Technicians will be conducting break-fix, installation, and maintenance work, in addition to general merchandising. Responsibilities include installing/building displays, end caps, fixturing, and maintenance of those displays, planogram resets, and conducting break-fix repairs.
Competency: Here’s what you need to be a fit for this job…
- Over the age of 18. Its an insurance thing.
- Current Driver’s License, insurance, and a vehicle. You have to be able to get to the stores, right!
- Previous Merchandising or retail experience is preferred but not required. We're awesome at training.
- Technically inclined. Put up your own TV, wired a surround sound, put together Ikea furniture without having spares, solved a Rubik's cube... you get the idea.
- Adaptable to our ever-changing variety of work we have to offer.
- Excellent communication skills via phone, text, and email.
- An Android or Apple mobile device for uploading photos and data so you can show off your work.
- Flexible availability Monday-Friday. Second job, side hustle, new career. Your call.
- Frequent use of hand tools.
Required Education and Experience
- New in your career or a seasoned professional, we have a spot for you!
And now the stuff HR makes us add...
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly stand, walk, bend over, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, balance, grasp, push or pull, talk and/or hear, and drive.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Climb a ladder no more than 10 feet
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical retail environment with average noise and lighting levels
- Constant interruptions
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Mobile Technologies, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mobile Technologies, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.