Love Hiking for Miles and Miles?
Able to work weekends & Holidays?
The Outdoor Recreation Guide leads our guests who have various fitness capability on meaningful, interpretive outdoor adventures. Outdoor Recreation Guide must possess the physical ability and fitness level required OR expertise in a specific area to enthusiastically guide in a leading or support role, daily hikes, adventure trips, bike rides and kayaking trips, as business and guest demand requires.
Rate of pay: $12 per Hour plus Service charges if leading Adventure Trips (examples -day trips to Zion and Bryce National Parks, Kayaking)
Flexible scheduling. Hours to include early morning, afternoon, evening, weekends and holidays. The ability to confidently drive a van is a must.
Is this you?
hi Have a High school diploma or general education degree; one to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Has the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to guests and other employees of the organization.
· Has a knowledge of the terrain, the fitness ability to complete the job and a willingness to complete various degrees of difficulty for the purposes of hiking, biking and kayaking and Adventure Trips. Possess the ability to swim if guiding kayaking.
· Willingness to adapt to a frequently changing environment. This includes ability to be flexible with specific work assignments and consistently demonstrating the desire to create desirable guests experiences while working with other Outdoor Rec team members.
· Someone with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with multiple situations with little supervision. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
What You'll Own
· Gaining the knowledge and understanding of the Southern Utah area, points of interest, local events, Red Mountain Resort & Spa layout, amenities and daily activities as to always be prepared to answer guests’ questions.
· Leadership and organizational skills in the field.
· To follow established safety procedures this includes but is not limited to proper use of radios and cellphones.
· Communicate professionally in a timely and effective manner with other team members, guests, and park officials.
· Read and understand all Special Permits. Display knowledge of and adherence to land management rules as described in contracts. Have copy of current permit in pack and accessible, if asked, at all times.
· Transport guests in Red Mountain Resort vehicles to and from remote field locations.
· Follow first aid and emergency procedures and provide any first aid/CPR procedures needed.
· Follow all Red Mountain policies and procedures. This includes wearing RMR issued uniform clothing items and adhering to other dress guidelines as outlined by management.
· Manage and care for equipment and assist with proper maintenance of vehicles. This includes getting gas, cleaning vans, and reporting problems with vans in accordance with procedures outlined by management.
· Complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner. This includes completing required documentation for National Park trips as directed by management.
Learn Red Mountain programming and
provide this information to guests. Attend all training as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; hike; climb; use hands and fingers; handle; talk or hear; sit and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. The employee may be exposed to wet, cold and/or humid outdoor weather including extreme heat and cold. Majority of time spent working in varying outdoor weather conditions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, able to carry 20 pounds in a backpack, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be flexible in working evenings, weekends and holidays.
The employee must be able to comply with department's uniform requirements. including those set out in the Team Member Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
Regardless of age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local law, all are welcome in the Red Mountain Resort Family.