The Regional Development Manager at Founders First Capital Partners (Founders First) will play a crucial role in the growth and success of diverse-led companies in the Texas and Southern regions. Founders First is dedicated to providing access to capital, advisory services, and access to small business accelerator programs to underrepresented entrepreneurs, fostering economic growth and bridging the wealth gap faced by minority-owned businesses. In this position, the Regional Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and sourcing potential clients, building relationships within the small business ecosystem, and ultimately connecting companies to capital sources. This role requires a proactive, goal-oriented individual with excellent communication and networking skills, who is passionate about entrepreneurship and making a meaningful impact on diverse founders' lives. The Regional Development Manager will work closely with the marketing team and other partners to ensure the continued growth and success of the diverse-led companies.
About Founders First Capital Partners
Founders First Capital Partners provides funding and advisory services to B2B service-based companies run or owned by diverse leaders such as women, minorities, veterans, LGBTQ+, and those located or serving in low and moderate-income areas. Despite the economic downturn, Founders First is a fast-growing, exciting business with an important mission: to provide opportunity and growth acceleration to companies led by founders from groups who have been routinely and structurally underserved for mentoring and financing. Founders First’s relationships with large financial institutions like the JP Morgan Chase, Kaufman Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation contribute to its success.
Background Requirements for Success:
A highly favorable candidate for the Regional Business Development Manager position at Founders First Capital Partners has a strong background in sales, specifically within the small business sectors. This performance-driven individual has demonstrated success in consultative selling, employing a collaborative approach to identify and address clients' unique needs while exceeding their goals. With exceptional time management skills, the candidate can prioritize tasks effectively and work independently, ensuring that all objectives are met in a timely manner. Their goal-oriented mindset, coupled with a deep understanding of the small business ecosystem, allows them to establish and maintain fruitful relationships within the industry, ultimately contributing to the growth and success of diverse-led businesses.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. 5+ years of experience in consultative sales and goal tracking including cold calling
3. 3+ years of analyzing companies and assessing their funding needs, including reviewing financial statements (balance, P&L, and cash flow statements) is a plus
4. 1+ years working with Salesforce for managing leads & opportunities 5. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
6. Internal & External Communications including public speaking
7. Knowledge of Hubspot or similar CRM software is a plus
8. Experience developing partnerships with other organizations in the small business ecosystem
9. Connections within the greater Southern small business market
Sourcing small businesses
● Actively identifying and engaging with diverse-led small businesses that could benefit from Founders First financing options and Founders First CDC Non-Profit accelerator programs.
● Working closely with various internal teams, such as marketing and finance, to develop and execute strategies that align with Founders First’s mission and goals.
Establishing strategic partners
● Building and maintaining strong referral relationships with key partners in the small business ecosystem, including business accelerators, community partners, chambers of commerce, financial institutions, non-bank lenders, alternative capital providers, aligned mission-driven organizations, and state, and local government.
Generating outbound leads
● Collaborating with the marketing team to create and implement targeted outbound campaigns to reach diverse founders and expand Founders First’s client base.
Attending networking events
●Actively participating in 1-2 networking events per week in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex to expand existing networks and build new relationships within the small business community.
Assessing funding needs
● Sourcing small businesses and collecting financial statements, such as balance sheets, P&L, and cash flow statements, to determine the appropriate financing options for potential clients.
● Understanding partner and founder need and effectively communicating tailored solutions that meet those needs while securing new business.
Tracking leads and opportunities
● Utilizing Salesforce to manage leads and opportunities, ensuring an organized and efficient approach to client management.
● Working with partners to market Founders First CDC grants specifically designed for underrepresented founders, increasing the visibility and accessibility of these opportunities.
$60,000 - $80,000 + structured quarterly and annual bonuses,ng with a $1,500 signing bonus
This role works closely with other Regional Development Managers and reports to the Chief Marketing Office.
Relevant Financial Information:
Founders First is supported by Series A equity investors including the Rockefeller Foundation, Surdna Foundation, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Living Cities, Kauffman Foundation, Schultz Family Foundation, Spring Point Partners, Pivotal Ventures (a Melinda French Gates company), Lindmor Foundation, The Impact Seat, as well as a variety of other leading high net worth individuals and institutional investors.
Service Area / Industry Information:
This is a national organization that services various regions. This role will focus on the US Southern Region with a specific focus in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex Region.
This is a fully remote role based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that requires frequent in-person attendance at events and meetings in the Southern region of the US area during and outside of standard business hours with bi-annual meetings at the San Diego, CA headquarters and monthly in-person meetings in Dallas/Fort Worth area.