Founders First Capital Partners Inc. (FFCP) is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who is ready to grow within an exciting, high growth, early stage, institutionally financed start-up. The CFO will work closely with the CEO and play a critical role in shaping FFCP’s financial strategy, driving financial performance, and ensuring sustainable growth. As the CFO you will be a key member of the executive leadership team, responsible for overseeing and managing all financial activities of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in start-up environments and commercial specialty finance.
About Us: Founders First Capital Partners, Inc is the nationally recognized leading provider of growth funding and business growth advisory support to diverse founder-led small businesses. We provide revenue-based funding and business acceleration support to service-based small businesses located outside of major capital markets such as Silicon Valley and New York City. We focus on supporting businesses led by women, people of color, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, military veterans, diverse teams and businesses located in low to moderate-income areas.
Physical Setting: San Diego Office (Onsite Monday-Thursday; Optional remote Fridays)
Pay: $165,000 - $200,000, plus annual bonus
● Capital Strategy Planning and Implementation:
○ Assist CEO with design and implementation of various special purpose vehicles (SPVs) for funding and holding commercial loans
○ Lead the work of various support vendors to address compliance and
to implement and manage various funding structures
○ Lead the accounting team perform all reporting, tax and
audit procedures for the parent company and various fund structures
○ Assist CEO and investor relations team with communications of financial performance to support existing and new investor relationships.
● Financial Strategy and Planning:
○ Provide strategic financial guidance to the CEO and other key stakeholders
○ Develop and execute the company's overall financial strategy in alignment with the business goals and objectives
○ Monitor budget variance against Annual Operating Plan
○ Monitor financial performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend corrective actions
● Financial Reporting and Analysis:
○ Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reports and metrics, including monthly, quarterly, and annual statements, to the executive team and board of directors
○ Review daily cash activities and balances for accuracy and accountability of Company’s Cash Accounts. Responsible for creating and managing short to long term Cash projections
○ Establish/Manage/Monitor Company’s Credit Facility including fulfilling reporting requirements
● Funding and Investor Relations:
○ Collaborate with the CEO and head of Investor Relations to develop and execute fundraising strategies, including debt and equity financing, venture capital, and strategic partnerships
○ Support the preparation and delivery of investor presentations and financial documents to support fundraising efforts
○ Oversee investor disbursements, closings and related reporting.
● Risk Management and Compliance:
○ Assess and mitigate financial risks, ensuring the company's financial stability and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
○ Oversee annual audit, tax planning, compliance, and reporting activities
○ Establish and maintain relationships with external auditors and other professional advisors
Manages a staff that includes a team of 3 consisting of finance and accounting business unit.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics or equivalent experience required
● Master’s, CPA or CFA degree or certification preferred
● 10+ years’ experience in treasury management, focusing on cash management, investment management, and cash flow forecasting
● 8+ years’ experience in developing and managing corporate annual operating plans
● Capital facilities structuring, fundraising with specialty finance organizations experience strongly preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across functional area
● Critical thinker, detail oriented and motivated professional
● Ability to work with big data sets and adept at leveraging technology options to efficiently support the needs of the business
● Comprehensive understanding of banking systems and products
● Strong experience with establishing corporate short to mid-term operational plans
● This position requires extensive decision making and problem-solving techniques for all finance related issues
● Stock option plan
● 401(k) plan
● Medical insurance
● Dental insurance
● Vision insurance
● Health Savings Account
● Life insurance
● Disability insurance
● Paid time off
COVID Policy: All employees must be fully vaccinated per company policy.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply! For more information please see: www.FoundersFirstCapitalPartners.com